Hossa National Park - National Park in 2017
- Rays of evening sun. Photo: Hannu Huttu
- Nature trail is marked with pine cones. Photo: Sirke Seppänen
- A cooler breeze from the lake. Photo: Sini Salmirinne
- A trout may catch the fly. Photo: Hannu Huttu
- By a prehistoric sight. Photo: Hannu Huttu
- A long step for a man. Photo: Hannu Huttu
- A bridge over dark water. Kuva: Hannu Huttu
- By the fire. Photo: Eeva Mäkinen
- Still flowing free. Photo: Hannu Huttu
- Greeting to the sky. Photo: Hannu Huttu
The magnificent wilderness of Hossa is an excellent destination: the trails running along pine heaths invite you to hike and cycle, and the crystal-clear lakes to go canoeing and fishing. The rock paintings of Julma-Ölkky and Värikallio depict stories of shamanism, dating back thousands of years.
Hossa has been nominated to be the Finland's 40th national park.
The designation will take effect from 2017, when Finland celebrates 100 years of independence.