Teijo National Park Directions and Maps
Teijo National Park is located in the municipality of Perniö, about 20 km from the town of Salo, 70 km from Turku, 140 km from Helsinki and 200 km from Tampere. Lake Matildanjärvi is about 6 km from the village of Perniö.
- It is possible to get to Teijo by coach from Salo and Perniö but only during the school year (the transportation starts again the 15th of August). To the town of Salo, you can get by coach (matkahuolto.fi) or train (vr.fi), and to the municipality of Perniö by coach (matkahuolto.fi).
Vainion liikenne (vainionliikenne.fi) coach services run from Salo to Teijo. The route is Salo - Teijo. Vainion liikenne coach services run also from Teijo to Perniö. The route is Teijo - Perniö.
- Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Teijo (journey.fi)
- To get to Teijo National Park, drive on the road 1824 which goes along the coast from the town of Salo to the municipality of Kemiö. There are signs from this road to Kirjakkala iron works village and to Lake Matildanjärvi.
- You can also get to Teijo on the road 52 (Tammisaari - Salo) by turning at the village of Perniö and following the signs to Mathildedal.
- The other route from the road 52 (Tammisaari - Salo) turns west after the village of Perniö at Sauru (at the sign Teijo 10 km) towards Teijo on the road 1825. This road goes through the National Park to Salo - Kemiö road.
Starting Points for the Excursions
- There are ten parking spaces, for example at Lake Matildanjärvi, in Teijo, in Kirjakkala, and near Punassuo.
- The trails do not have a particular starting points. There are signs to the trails from the parking areas.
- There are boat ramps in the villages of Mathildedal and Teijo.
- Teijo brochure map (Pdf-file 5 Mb, julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Excursionmap.fi of Metsähallitus
- National Land Survey of Finland map service (karttapaikka.fi)
- Lounaispaikka Map Service (karttapalvelu.lounaispaikka.fi, in Finnish)
- City of Salo's Map Service (kartta.salo.fi, in Finnish)
- Retkeily GT Etelä-Suomi: GT Outdoor Map Finland South, 1:250 000. Karttakeskus 2019. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- Terrain map L333, 1:50 000. The map is sold by Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Teijo Waterproof Outdoor Map, 1:25 000, Karttakeskus 2016. Maps are sold by Karttakeskus and Teijo Nature Centre.
- Teijo Kemiönsaari, waterproof outdoor map 1:25 000 / 1:50 000, Calazo. The map is sold by Calazo.
- Maastokartta: Terrain map, nos 2021 07 and 04 and 2012 09, 1:20 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Merikartta nro 23: Nautical chart no 23. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus, the National Land Survey of Finland, bookstores, and shops selling camping and hiking gear.