Kauhaneva - Pohjankangas National Park is located on the boundary of South Ostrobothnia and Satakunta Regions, about 130 km from Tampere, 105 km from Pori, and 90 km from Seinäjoki.
- When coming from south drive on the main road 3 (Tampere - Vaasa) to Parkano, where turn to west on the road 274 to Karvia. From Karvia follow the signs of Kauhaneva-Pohjankangas National Park (10 km) to Salomaa parking area (Kyrönkankaatie 357, Karvia).
- When coming from north drive on the main road 3 (Tampere - Vaasa) and at Kurikka turn to the road 67 following Kauhajoki signs. From the road 67 turn left still towards Kauhajoki. From the road 44 drive on the road 6700 towards Karvia. From this road there are signs to the National Park from Nummijärvi on Kyrönkangas summer road (=Kyrönkankaan kesätie) to Nummikangas parking area (5 km).
Please notice that the Kyrönkangas Summer Road is blocked with bars between Salomaa and Nummikangas parking areas, and it is not in good enough condition to drive.
By Public Transportation
There is coach service (www.matkahuolto.fi) to Karvia from Pori. From Karvia it is about 11 km to Salomaa parking area in the National Park.
Starting Points for Excursions
- The parking areas are located in Nummikangas (Kyrönkangas Summer Road, Kauhajoki) in the north and in Salomaa (Kyrönkankaantie 357, Karvia) in the south. More precise parking area addresses are not available.
- From these parking areas you can get to the only trail of the National Park, the 2 km duckboard loop.
- Terrain maps, nos N343 and N344, 1:50 000. Maps are sold by well-stocked bookstores, Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Peruskartat; Basic maps nos 1233 12, 1234 10, 1234 11 and 2212 01, 1:20 000. Maps are sold by well-stocked bookstores, Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Reduction of the base map, 1:50 000, no 1234 2. Maps are sold by well-stocked bookstores, Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Retkeily GT Länsi-Suomi: GT Outdoor map Finland West, 2015, 1:250 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
Map Sales Points