Helvetinjärvi National Park is located about 50 km north of the Town of Tampere. From the directions of Ruovesi, Kuru and Virrat the way to the park is signposted on the main roads.
- Access to the western part of the Park is from Kuru-Virrat road (no. 65) via Kallio village.
- Access to the eastern part of the Park is from Ruovesi-Virrat road (no. 66) via Pohtio village.
- Driving directions to Seitseminen Nature Centre.
For more detailed parking area addresses, please see below under Starting Points for Excursions.
By Public Transportation
Helvetinjärvi National Park cannot be reached by public transportation. The nearest bus stops are at the main roads, about 12 km from the park.
- There are daily coach services (www.matkahuolto.fi, Kuruntie, Kuru road) from Tampere to Ruovesi and Kuru.
- Local buses (www.matkahuolto.fi) run between Kuru and Virrat. From the bus stop at Kallio village it is 12 km to Haukanhieta in the western part of the park.
- Local buses and express coaches (www.matkahuolto.fi) run between Ruovesi and Virrat. From the road turning to Pohtio village it is 10 km to Helvetinkolu in the eastern part of the park.
Starting Points for Excursions
Parking areas are at River Haukkajoki (Haukkajoentie, western side of the park, also canoe launching place), at Haukanhieta (western part of the Park, information board, during Summer) and Kankimäki (Helvetinkoluntie 775, 34600 Ruovesi, eastern side of the Park, information board)
More precise parking area addresses are not available. Parking area addresses are in Finnish to be used in navigators.
- Terrain map, nos N411 and N412, 1:50 000. The map is sold by Karttakeskus.
- Helvetinjärvi - Seitseminen outdoor map, 1:20 000, Karttakeskus 2012. Map is sold by Seitseminen Visitor Centre and well-stocked bookstores of the surrounding area.
- Peruskarttalehdet: Base maps, 1:20 000, nos 2213 08, 2213 09, 2213 11 and 2213 12. Maps are sold by Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Retkeily GT Länsi-Suomi: GT Outdoor map Finland West, 2015, 1:250 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- Seitseminen Helvetinjärvi Pirkan taival, water resistant map, 1:25 000, Calazo Förlag 2016. Map is sold for example by Seitseminen Nature Centre.
Map Sales Points