Tiilikkajärvi National Park Directions and Maps
Because of the coronavirus, safe distances should be kept even in nature, and thorough hand hygiene should be followed at huts, campfire sites and after using the toilet. Metsähallitus' policies and guidelines will be updated as the general corona guidelines become more specific. Check our website for the current situation: www.nationalparks.fi/coronavirusguidelines.
Tiilikkajärvi National Park is located for the most part in the municipality of Rautavaara. It is on the north side of road 87.
- There are signposts for those coming by car from road 6 and road 87. Parking areas can be found at the Sammakkotammi information point and at Cape Pohjoisniemi. There are signposts to Pohjoisniemi parking area at the intersection of road 870 and Pohjoisniementie Road.
- During winter cars only have access to Sammakkotammi parking area.
For more detailed parking area addresses, please see below under Starting Points for Excursions.
- The closest bus station is in Rautavaara 15 km from the National Park.
- The Sammakkotammi information point (Valtimontie 1095, Rautavaara) is a good place to start exploring the park.
- Pohjoisniemi parking area (Address to Pohjoisniemi outgoing forest road is Kajaanintie 1655, Rautavaara.) is another great place to set off on the trails.
- Parking area addresses are in Finnish to be used in navigators.
- Starting points for excursions
- Tillikkajärvi brochure map (Pdf-file 2.3 Mb, julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Excursionmap.fi of Metsähallitus
- National Land Survey of Finland map service (maanmittauslaitos.fi/en)
- Terrain map Q513, 1:50 000. The map is sold by Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Maastokartat: Terrain maps 3343 08 and 3343 09, 1:20 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Outdoor map Vuokatti ja Kainuun kansallispuistot (Vuokatti and Kainuu National Parks), 1:25 000. Karttakeskus 2015. Map is sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- Retkeily GT Itä-Suomi: GT Outdoor Map Finland East, 2014, 1:250 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.