Visit the Raseborg Castle Ruin
Check for Warnings
When forest and grass fire warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi) are in effect, fire is only allowed at covered campfire sites that have a flue. A fire can be also lit in fireplaces at wilderness and other huts. Always use extreme caution when handling fire. The one who lights a fire is always responsible for its safe use. Please note, that making fire at these campfire sites can be banned locally.
Gathering at the campfire sites increases the risk of coronavirus infection. Guidelines concerning coronavirus COVID-19.
Opening Hours in 2019
Check the opening hours: raaseporinlinna.fi
Guided tour of the castle 80€/1 hour/group
Please book group visits in advace.
- Address: Raaseporin linnantie 110/Raseborgs slottsväg 110, 10710 Snappertuna (castle parking area)
- Address: RESCUE ROAD/Service building: Linnanvoudintie 50/Slotsknektens väg 50, 10710 Snappertuna
- A notification must be submitted to Metsähallitus of any events organised at the site: instructions and a form (metsa.fi, in Finnish)
- Companies guiding in the castle should have a valid cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus, please contact rannikko(at)metsa.fi
- Research and other activities not covered by the "Right of Public Access" (also known as "Everyman's rights" in Finland, and the "Right to Roam" in the UK) requires permission from the landowner (instructions and form, metsa.fi, in Finnish).
Directions and Maps
- The Raseborg Castle Ruin is signposted from highway 25. From highway 25, turn onto Huskvarnintie (road 1102) at Degerby, drive on for 4.9 km. Thereafter, turn right onto the Vanha rannikkotie (road 1050), then drive for 1.4 km. Turn left onto Raaseporin linnantie road and continue for 1.2 km.
- The parking area is situated about 0.4 kilometres from the castle on the other side of the River Raaseporinjoki, along Raaseporin linnantie road.
- The castle ruins are accessible by bicycle along the same route as by car, see above. There is an alternative bicycle route via the Snappertuna church village. Cycle along Snappertunan kirkkotie road and further along Väktarintie road, turn right to the castle.