Pahanojankuru, Open Wilderness Hut
Open wilderness hut for 9 persons, 23 m².
Location and Description
Eastern Lapland, Salla municipality, Salla National Park
Pahanojankuru, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 66° 47.370' lon: 28° 52.779'
Pahanojankuru open wilderness hut built in 2023 is located in Salla National Park, along marked summer and winter trails. During snowless time the hut can be reached on foot by using the UKK-Trail and the Pahakuru round trail. The Pahakuru Trail serves as a winter biking trail in winter. The closest parking area is at Pohjoisrinne (northern slopes), from where the distance to the hut is about 7 km along the marked trail.
- Heating: a wood stove. Please note it will take time for the hut to warm up.
- Cooking: a gas cooker and basic cooking pots. Bring your own tableware and utensils.
- Sleeping: Bunk beds in two levels, room for approx. 9 sleepers. No mattresses. Bring your own sleeping pad and sleeping bag.
- A drying room with a wood stove, the room serves also as a hallway.
- Water: water can be taken from the Pahaoja creek about 100 m along stairs from the hut. Boil the water before consumption.
- Other facilities: There is a campfire site, a table, a wood shed and a dry toilet in the yard (bring your own toilet paper).
- Pets are allowed in the hut, but only with the consent of the other users of the hut.
- Bring a head torch or a flashlight with you. Burning candles must be supervised at all times.
- Bring your own first-aid kit. Check also that the fire alarm works.
- Tidy up the hut after you and leave some firewood and kindling for the next guests.
Each visitor is responsible for taking their own waste away from the hut. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland. For more information or feedback contact Pyhä-Luosto Visitor Centre Naava Tel. +358 206 39 7302