Opening Hours 2018
Seili island has daily boat connections around the year (exception: short frost heave time). Seili museum church is open between 11am-3pm 13.6.-13.8. and 19.-20.8., 26.-27.8., 2.-3.9.
Outside opening hours, open by separate agreement.
Information on church services and other events can be found at the local operator Skärgårdskompaniet's website: www.visitseili.fi.
Visits to the island are free of charge. Entrance fees to the Museum Church:
- Adults EUR 3.50
- Pensioners and children under 14 EUR 2.00
- Family ticket EUR 8.50
Group fees and bookings: email@example.com
Daily guided tours are organised in Seili during the summer season.
Several commercial tour companies organise day trips to Seili.
- Address to the island: Seili, 21660 Nauvo
- Google Maps (www.googlemaps.fi)
- WGS 84: 60°14'N 21°57'E
- Part of the Seili island as well as the museum church is managed by Parks & Wildlife Finland. Turku University's Archipelago Sea research institute, Suomen Yliopistokiinteistöt Ltd., Skärgårdskompaniet are other actors on the island. Furthermore, part of the island is privately owned land.
- Customer service:
- Skärgårdskompaniet; tel. +358 (0)40 1560064 email: info(at)visitseili.fi
- Metsähallitus: +358 206 39 4620, email: rannikko(at)metsa.fi
- Skärgårdskompaniet (Seili museum church, guided tours and accommodation) (www.visitseili.fi)
- Tel. +358 (0)40 1560064
- On the island next to the church jetty, there is a summer kiosk. Customer service in the kiosk is managed by Pro Seili–Själö ry (www.proseili.fi,in finnish).
- Events organized in the destination must be informed beforehand to Parks and Wildlife Finland: (www.metsa.fi).
- Research and other operations outside the everyman's rights require a permit from the land owner: (www.metsa.fi).
Directions and Maps
The island of Seili is situated in the municipality of Parainen in the Archipelago Sea, in the southern part of the Airisto open sea area. The 7 kilometre crossing to Nauvo church village takes about 20 minutes. The crossing to Turku is about 30 kilometres.
There are bus connections to Nauvo from Turku and Parainen cities. (www.matkahuolto.fi)
By Own Boat
- Location of the visitors' berth (so-called Church berth on the eastern side of the island): 60°14,6'N 21°57,9'E (WGS 84 coordinate system). Nautical chart series D, nautical chart 707, harbour number 742.
- Day trip visitors and overnighting boats
- Depth of fairway at the visitors' berth: 1.5-2.0 metres.
- Number of berths: 10.
- Anchor mooring.
- Waste disposal
- Location of the post pier: 60°14,15'N 21°57,40'E Nautical chart series D, nautical chart 707
- Day trip visitors
- Depth in the harbour 1.5–2.0 meters
- Number of berths 15
- Anchor and buoy mooring
- Waste disposal
Location of the Reserach institute pier (Post jetty): 60°14,3'N 21°58,0'E Nautical chart series D, nautical chart 707
- Please note that these berths are the only visitors' berth on the island, other berths are private or reserved for the ferry service.
- Public transport service between Nauvo and the island of Seili is operated by the Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment for Southwest Finland. The island is serviced by M/S Östern on the route Nauvo–Seili–Hanka (Rymättylä) and M/S Falkö on the northern route of Nauvo.In the summer also M/S Vitharun operates between Turku-Seili-Nauvo.
- The ferry service berth is at about 1.3 kilometres walking distance from the church berth.
- GT Outdoor Map Eastern Finland, 1:250 000, Karttakeskus 2015. Maps are for sale e.g. from Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookshops.
- Ticks live in damp grass, and some of them carry viruses and bacteria which cause diseases. It is especially important to cover your legs, which is easily done by wearing your socks on top of your trouser legs. Tick pliers and tick check done every night are also essential.