Vášku / Vaskojoki Rental Hut
Vaskojoki, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 68° 47.5527' lon: 25° 36.7223' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7631863 E: 443970.
The wilderness hut is situated at the mouth of the River Puordnajoki which flows from the south into the River Vaskojoki. It is on the east bank in the southwesternmost cape at the mouth of the river.
The log cabin is suited for winter use and was built by the Finnish Air Force's Lapinmaja Foundation in 1966. Hut is renovated at spring 2021.
60 e / day or 300 e / week (incl. VAT 10%). The hut can be reserved for up to one week at a time by the same person.
- A wood-burning stove, a gas cooker, a fireplace, tableware and bed clothes.
- There is a sauna in a separate building.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm!
- There is a recycling point at the wilderness hut, but hikers are asked to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
The key can be picked up at Lemmenjoen lomamajat Oy Ahkuntupa (ahkuntupa.fi), Njurkulahti Village, tel. int. +358 16 673 435. A deposit of 20 € must be paid when picking up the key. This will be returned when the key is returned.
The road to Njurkulahti and Lemmenjoki National Park (road 9551) turns off road 955 (Inari - Kittilä). You can get all the way to the village of Njurkulahti by car, but from there you must continue towards the hut by foot or on skis. It is about 30 km from Njurkulahti to the hut.
Taxicoaches travel from Inari to the village of Njurkulahti. Ask more information about transportation from Northern Nature Centre Siida, Inari. During summer there is also boat transportation from Njurkulahti to Kultahamina from where it is about 20 km to the rental hut.
- Pets are not permitted in the hut.
- The building also houses an open wilderness hut.
- Safety on hiking.