Vášku / Vaskojoki Open Wilderness Hut
Hut is not available for hikers during 28.2.-10.4.2022, there is construction in progress.
Open wilderness hut for 6 persons.
Northern Lapland Region, Municipality of Inari, Lemmenjoki National Park.
The wilderness hut is situated at the mouth of the River Puordnajoki which flows from the south into the River Vaskojoki. It is on the east bank in the southwesternmost cape at the mouth of the river.
The log cabin is suited for winter use and was built by the Finnish Air Force's Lapinmaja Foundation in 1966. The hut is renovated at spring 2021.
- A gas stove and a wood-burning stove.
Remember to pay the Sauna fee
Vaskojoki sauna fee is 10 € / adult, 5 € / child (under 7 years) or for a member of a group (a group is min. 10 persons). Sauna is included in the rental hut price.
- Payment in advance in Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida, Ahkun tupa, Ivalo and Urho Kekkonen np Customer Services or by eraluvat.fi -webstore before or after your hiking trip.
- The sauna is available for use by all hikers, so you should be considerate of others and not stay too long in the sauna. During peak seasons you should agree bathing times with other hikers.
Lemmenjoki outdoor map, 1:100 000/1:50 000.
Terrain map no W431 1:50 000.
- Pets are permitted in the hut, but only if other visitors consent to it.
- The building also houses a rental hut.
- Safety on hiking.
- There is a recycling point at the wilderness hut, but hikers are asked to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.