Silesjuuhâ / Silisjoki Rental Hut
Rental hut for 8 persons, 20m2. There is a separate sauna building.
The Ivalo Customer Service Point, tel. +358 (0)206 39 7701) or the Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida (Inarintie 46, 99870 Inari, tel. +358 (0)206 39 7740). Terms of reservation for the Silisjoki rental hut. See where to pick up the keys.
Northern Lapland, Inari region, Kaldoaivi Wilderness Area.
Silisjoki rental hut, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 69° 36.1615' lon: 28° 25.4021' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7722211 E: 555360.
The closest neighbour is at a distance of 200 m.
The closest village is Sevettijärvi 14 km, and there is a grocery store in Näätämö village.
150 € / night, prices include VAT 10%.
- The main cabin has room for 6 people, 3 bunk beds, a convertible sofa, and a camp bed. A gas cooker (incl. an oven), a fireplace, a wood-burning stove, a kitchenette. Please note that it takes some time until the hut is properly warm. Drinking water can be taken from the river.
- Bring toilet paper, paper towels, and candles with you.
- A shoreside sauna including a spacious sauna and a bedroom. In the bedroom, a folding wooden bed for 1‒2 persons. A wood-burning stove.
- Other facilities: a rowing boat (boating vests can be found at the Oppaitten tupa hut), aggregate electricity, wood heating, a dry toilet, a root cellar, a campfire site. Fuel for the aggregate. (The aggregate will be removed in winter 2023-24).
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm!
- There is a recycling point at the rental hut. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
Keys can be picked up from: Ivalo River Camping (ivalorivercamping.com) camping area (Kerttuojantie 1, 99800 Ivalo (Inari), tel. +358 40 039 5046), Ivalo Customer Service or Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida. When picking up the keys you must have a receipt with you. Keys should be returned at the same place where they were collected from.
Please check the opening hours by phone, from www-pages or by e-mail.
In summer: drive to the village of Sevettijärvi and carry on for about 1 km towards Näätämö, and turn to the left to "Ahvenjärvi". Drive to the starting point of the Pulmankijärvi Trail, from where the remaining stretch to the hut is about 10 km. On foot, the distance from the village of Sevettijärvi to the hut is about 14 km. The most common way of travelling to the hut is by flying to the adjacent Lake Opukasjärvi, from where the walking distance to the hut is about 1.7 km. By boat (which is to be found by the hut), the distance is about 1.2 km.
- When boating in the area, please be particularly cautious as there are rocks and shoals in River Silisjoki and Lake Opukasjärvi.
- In winter, you can travel to the hut along the snowmobile track. If branching off from the snowmobile track onto the lakes (ice-fishing), a cross-country traffic permit is required. You can enquire about the permits from +358 (0)206 39 7701.
- Fishing: there is a quota for the number of fishing licences to be sold for River Näätämöjoki.
- This 7 km long stretch of rapids (all the way to Kontinpaistama) is excellent for salmon fishing.
- There are also great ice-fishing waters in the area in spring.
- The water is not tested annually, so we recommend that you boil the drinking water first. There are not any kitchen towels and toilet paper at the hut.
- It is allowed to bring pets in the hut.
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland. For more information contact Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida tel. int. +358 206 39 7740.