Morgamojan Kultala Rental Hut
The wilderness hut is situated about 4,5 km northwest of the Lemmenjoki river valley in a ravine by the River Morgamoja, which flows into Lake Morgamjärvi.
Morgamojan Kultala open wilderness hut, also known as Pellisen kämppä, is a log cabin suited for winter use. It was built in 1975 in the location of a former cabin that was used by gold prospectors.
60 e / day or 300 e / week (incl. VAT 10%). The hut can be reserved for up to one week at a time by the same person.
The hut was renovated in 2017.
- A wood-burning stove, a gas cooker, tableware and bed clothes.
- There is a sauna in a separate building.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- There is a recycling point at the rental hut, but hikers are asked to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
The key can be picked up at Lemmenjoen lomamajat Oy Ahkuntupa (ahkuntupa.fi), Njurgalahti tel. int. +358 16 673 435. A deposit of 20 € must be paid when picking up the key. This will be returned when the key is returned.
Maps and Description
Lemmenjoki outdoor map, 1:100 000/1:50 000.
Terrain map V444, 1:50 000.
The road to Njurgalahti and Lemmenjoki National Park (road 9551) turns off road 955 (Inari - Kittilä). You can get all the way to the village of Njurgalahti by car, but from there you must continue along the bank of the River Lemmenjoki and along marked trails towards the hut by foot or on skis. It is about 26 km from Njurgalahti to the hut.
Taxicoaches travel from Inari to the village of Njurgalahti. Ask more about Northern Nature Centre Siida, Inari. During summer there is also boat transportation from Njurgalahti to Kultahamina from where it is about 4,5 km to the rental hut.
- Pets are not permitted in the hut.
- The building also houses an open wilderness hut.
- Safety on hiking.