Kuošnjâjuuhâ / Kuosnajoki, Rental Hut
The closest village is Sevettijärvi 16 km. The distance to the village of Näätämö is 22 km, where you will find a service station and a grocery shop. On weekdays, a bus operates along the Ivalo‒Näätämö road.
The closest summer cottage is located at a distance of 2 km.
Kuosnijoki rental hut, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 69° 39.2021' lon: 28° 47.5281' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7728238 E: 569534.
75 € / night and 525 € / week (incl. VAT 10%). Reservations during March‒October.
- Heating with a wood-burning stove, solar cell lights and candles, a gas cooker, a sauna in the same building, a dry toilet, a campfire site and a smoker, a root cellar. Please note that it takes some time until the hut is properly warm.
- Please note! No boat.
- Bring toilet paper and candles with you.
- It's recommended to take a first aid kit with you
- The water is not tested annually, so we recommend that you boil the drinking water first.
- There is a recycling point at the rental hut. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- Keys can be picked up from:
- When picking up the keys you must have a receipt with you. The keys should be returned at the same place where they were collected from.
- Please check the opening hours by phone, from www-pages or by e-mail.
In summer, there are two alternative trails on offer
- The trail that starts from Jäniskoski has been marked with orange paint signs on stones and trees. The trail starts from the Jäniskoski parking area, which is located at a distance of about 10.4 km from the Sevettijärvi bar crossroads towards Näätämö. The parking area is to be found on the left side of the road, when arriving from Sevettijärvi. The same trail runs to the Saunakoski hut, but in the vicinity of River Näätämöjoki, the trail going to the Kuosnijoki hut branches off from the trail and runs along the riverbank. Please note the branching off of the trails! The walking distance to Kuosnijoki is about 12 km. In places, the trail is stony and the most demanding ascends take place when climbing onto Jänispää Fell and Vanhavaara Hill. The banks of River Näätämöjoki are fairly level.
- The trail starting from the Sevetti‒Näätämö main road (walking 3 km, boating 6 km, walking 3 km), from the left side of the road, about 250 m before the upper crossroads of Jääjärventie Road. (Jääjärventie Road forms a loop.) On the signpost: "Luolapuro/Kuosnijoki". The trail has been marked with orange ribbons until the Iso Jääjärvi bridge, and thereafter with red ribbons all the way to the boat site that is located at the northern end of Luolajärvi Lake. This stretch is about 3 km long and it runs, almost entirely, along an old path
- There is a boat on the shore of Lake Luolajärvi (Terhi Saiman, registered for 4 people), an outboard motor (Yamaha 2,5 hp, 4-stroke), a container for storing boating vests, and a map of Luolajärvi Lake, where you can see the safest boating route to the other end of the lake, as well as the boat site at the southern end of the lake. The boating distance is about 6 km. The customer must bring the gasoline for the outboard motor. Only pure gasoline may be used. Luolajärvi is a 7-km long, narrow lake in a northeast‒southwest direction and, in a windy weather, it is advisable to use the land route that starts from Jäniskoski.
- From the boat site that is to be found at the lake's southern end, the walking distance to the hut is about 3 km, along the trail that has been marked with red ribbons. This route mostly runs along an old path. There is a wooden container for storing boating vests at this boat site as well.
Winter trail: from the Sevettijärvi church, drive for about 17.2 km towards Näätämö. On the left side of the road, there is a lay-by for parking cars. The winter trail starts from the left side of the road, and the route occasionally runs along a snowmobile track. The distance to the hut is about 9 km. The winter trail has been marked with blue signs.
- Snowmobiling to the hut requires a cross-country traffic permit. You can buy the permit from the Siida Northern Lapland Nature Centre or from the Ivalo Customer Service. Please note! Acquire the permit about one week before going to the destination.
- Fishing: When fishing at flowing waters, you must have paid the fisheries management fee (eraluvat.fi), as well as the angling permit. Please note that there is a quota for the number of the fishing licences to be sold for River Näätämöjoki. You can buy fishing licences from Metsähallitus customer service points and from local entrepreneurs.
- Please note that there is no boat at the hut.
- Pets are allowed in the hut.
- Safety on hiking.
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland. For more information contact Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida tel. int. +358 206 39 7740.