Guivi / Kuivi Open Wilderness Hut
Hut is not available for hikers during 13.3.-31.8.2022, there is construction in progress.
Open wilderness hut for 10 persons.
Northern Lapland Region, Municipality of Utsjoki, Kevo Strict Nature Reserve.
Kuivi, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 69° 36.6820' lon: 26° 31.0104' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7722609 E: 481214
The wilderness hut is situated on the northside of the River Kamajoki (Kamajohka) about 100 m towards Kuivi from the old boundary of Kevo Strict Nature Reserve.
- A wood-burning stove and a gas cooker.
Terrain map no X433 1:50 000.
Hiking map Utsjoki-Kevo 1:100 000.
- There is an indoor air problem in Kuivi Open Wilderness Hut. The hut is still left open and you may use it at your own risk.
- Pets are permitted in the hut, but only if other visitors consent to it.
- The wilderness hut is situated within a strict nature reserve in which there are restrictions on hiking and camping.
- Safety on hiking.
- There is a recycling point at the wilderness hut, but hikers are asked to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.