Ikolanaho, Rental Hut
Ikolanaho rental hut is situated on the slope of Mäkrävaara Hill, on Heräjärven kierros Trail in Koli National Park.
- Eastern Finland, North Karelia Region, Municipality of Lieksa, Koli National Park
- Ikolanaho, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 63° 04.4817' lon: 29° 49.7580' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6997058 E: 642910
- Kotaniementie 28, 83960 Koli
The distance from Nature Centre Ukko to hut via the peaks of Ukko-Koli and Mäkränaho is 2.8 km.
A pre-ordered, door-to-door shared taxi (koli.fi) is available for the route Joensuu–Koli. The route of the shared taxi is determined by the pre-orders, which is why all timetable times are estimates. The taxi will go to Joensuu airport and train station, or for example the central hospital if ordered, and then take the passengers to their destination at Koli. You can hop in the taxi along the route as well. It is recommended that you order the shared taxi on the previous day by dialing the number +358 20 741 4392.
The rental hut is a 700 m walking trip from Peiponpelto parking area. To get to the parking area, drive from Koli Nature Centre Ukko downwards along Ylä-Kolintie Road for 2 km and turn left onto Jerontie Road. Continue for 1,3 km and turn left onto Kotaniementie Road. Continue for 2,6 km until you reach Pieni Mäkräntie Road intersection where the Peiponpelto parking area is.
- Koli National Park map
- Outdoor and servicemap of Koli 1:20 000 / 1:50 000
- Terrain map P532, 1:50 000
Prize group A (1.1.-12.6. and 29.8.-31.12.)
1st day 42 €
2nd–7th day 34 €
Prize group B (13.6.-28.8.)
1st day 50 €
2nd–7th day 40 €
Rental time 14:00–12:00.
No reservations longer than one week at a time.
Keys to the Ikolanaho rental hut will be placed in the key box next to the door of the hut. A 4-digit key combination for opening the key box will be sent to you no later than two days before the beginning of your reservation.The combination will be sent to the phone number or e-mail address provided when making the booking. Leave the keys in the same key box when you leave after your stay.
- Sleeping spots for 4 in bunk beds, mattresses and pillows, no linen.
- Soapstone fireplace, gas cooker, pots, coffee pot, frying pan and small set of cutlery.
- Solar panel powered lights and charging facility (USB socket).
- Separate dry toilet.
- Dishwashing liquid, spices, fire-making equipment and toilet paper are not included.
- The well and spring nearby the Ikolanaho reservable hut are out of commission. Therefore do not drink the water even after boiling it. It it recommended to bring enough drinking water with you to the hut. It is also possible to borrow water containers and get clean drinking water from the Nature Centre Ukko.
- Please leave no litter or other traces of your visit.
- There are no accessible services in the hut.
- Pets are permitted in the hut.
- There is a public campfire spot on the grounds.
- Camping in the yard is prohibited.
- It takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- In the summertime it's recommended to bring a mosquito net with you to quarantee a good night's sleep.
- Water in the well and spring nearby the hut are not suitable for any kind of household use but only for putting out campfire.
- Safety on hiking.
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, tel. int. +358 206 39 5654.