Härkäkoski Rental Hut
Härkäkoski, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 68° 42.0439' lon: 25° 59.5708' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7621327 E: 459174.
The rental hut is situated on the west bank of the River Lemmenjoki at the north end of Lake Ravadasjärvi.
This log cabin is suited for winter use.
60 e / day and 300 e / week (incl. VAT 10%). The hut can be reserved for up to one week at a time by the same person.
- A fireplace and a gas cooker, tableware, bed clothes, a boat and 4 life vests.
- There is a sauna in the building.
- Please note that it takes some time until the hut is properly warm.
- There is a recycling point at the rental hut, but hikers are asked to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
Lemmenjoen lomamajat Oy Ahkuntupa (ahkuntupa.fi), Njurgalahti Village, tel. int. +358 16 673 435. When picking up the keys visitors must pay a 20 € deposit, which will be returned upon the return of the key.
Maps and Description
Lemmenjoki outdoor map 1:100 000 / 1:50 000.
Terrain map no V444 1:50 000.
The road to Njurgalahti and Lemmenjoki National Park (road 9551) turns off road 955 (Inari - Kittilä). You can get all the way to the village of Njurgalahti by car, but from there you must continue south towards the hut by foot or on skis. It is a 15 km hike along a marked trail by the bank of the River Lemmenjoki to the rental hut.
Coaches travel from Inari to the village of Njurgalahti. Coaches travel on weekdays and additionally during the summer on Saturdays. During summer there is also regular boat service from Njurgalahti to the rental hut.
- Pets are not permitted in the hut.
- Safety on hiking.