Pyhä-Luosto National Park
- The magnificent Isokuru gorge in midsummer. Image: Anna Pakkanen
- Creeping azalea flowering on the summit of Noitatunturi fell. Image: Anna Pakkanen
- Mountain biking at Kapusta daytrip hut. Image: Anna Pakkanen
- A warm summers day on Luosto nature hiking trail. Image: Anna Pakkanen
- The friendly Siberian Jay is a common visitor at the national parks rest areas. Image: Mari Kotajärvi
- Summer nights views from the summit of Ukko-Luosto fell. Image: Netta Kuivalainen
Deep gorges slice through these ancient rugged hills, where you can trek through age-old forests up onto windswept treeless fell-tops. Enjoy Lapland's big skies, lit by the Northern Lights in winter and the Midnight Sun around midsummer. Friendly Siberian jays appear from the woods as if by magic when hikers stop for a picnic. Visit picturesque places that were seen as sacred by the Forest Sámi people who used to live here. Take the epic trail between the park's two most famous fells – Pyhä and Luosto – both within reach of comfortable resort centres.