- Valtavaara day hut in winter. Photo: Marko Niemelä
- Valtavaara day trip hut. Photo: Pirkko Siikamäki
- Hikers in Kitkajoki river lean-to shelter. Photo: Ismo Pekkarinen
- Some can make beautiful primers. Photo: Markku Pirttimaa
- Taivalköngäs hanging bridge. Photo: Siru-Leena Mukkala
- Karhunkierros emblem. Photo: Metsähallitus / Parks and Wildlife Finland
- Selfie in Oulanka Canyon. Photo: Vastavalo / Jari Hindström
Finland's most popular hiking trail, the legendary Karhunkierros Trail (also know as The Bear's Trail or The Bear's Ring), takes you to Oulanka's best locations by the roaring waters. The Karhunkierros Trail offers hikers many sights and many sweat-breaking kilometres. Thanks to route alternatives, the trail is also suitable for day trips. Part of the trail is also suitable for canoeing. This trail must be done at least once in lifetime!