Jorŋâluohtâ / Selkälahti Rental Hut
Rental hut for 9 persons. There is a separate sauna building.
The cabin is primarily meant for the use of the nature-based tourism entrepreneurs in the area. Other visitors can make a reservation starting from the 1st of March yearly, either at the Ivalo Customer Service Point, tel. +358 (0)206 39 7701) or the Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida (Inarintie 46, 99870 Inari, tel. +358 (0)206 39 7740).
Inarijärvi Selkälahti, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 69° 01.4712' lon: 27° 53.1164' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7657351 E: 535365.
In summer, you can reach the cabin by boat from either the Kasariselkä or the Sammakkoselkä side. In winter, the snowmobile track runs at a distance of about 5 km from the cabin. The closest village is Inari at a distance of 40 km, where you will find all basic services.
The closest neighbour on the island is at a distance of about 1 km.
100 € / night or 700 € / week (incl. VAT 10%).
- A wood-burning stove and a cast-iron fireplace for heating. Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- A gas cooker, a gas oven and a gas refrigerator.
- Candles and solar cell lights.
- Beds (5 pers.) on the upper platform (2 pers.) and a convertible sofa (2 pers.).
- The household water is taken from the lake.
- Sauna in a separate building, a dressing room with a stove.
- A composting toilet and campfire site outside.
- There are waste containers by the cabin but visitors are advised to bring their accumulated waste to the recycling points at the Inari parish or Veskoniemi boat harbours. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
You can collect the keys from the Ivalo Customer Service Point or from the Siida Nature Centre upon providing your receipt as proof of payment. The key must be returned to its collection point.
Please check the opening hours by phone, from www-pages or by e-mail.
- The Inari - Sevettijärvi snowmobile track runs at a distance of 5 km from the cabin.
- There is a jetty on the shore that is also suitable for large boats.
- The closest sight is a border point signifying the Treaty of Teusina.
- Pets are not permitted in the hut.
- Please bring your own bed linen or a sleeping bag.
- No toilet paper or paper towels are kept in the hut. Bring candles too.
- Make sure you pack a first-aid kit.
- Safety on hiking.
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland. For more information contact Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida tel. int. +358 206 39 774.