Säuʹnnkuõškk / Saunakoski Rental Hut
Rental hut for 6 persons, 20m2. There is a separate sauna building.
The Ivalo Customer Service Poin, tel. +358 206 39 7701 or the Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida (Inarintie 46, 99870 Inari, tel. +358 (0)206 39 7740). Terms of reservation for the Saunakoski rental hut. See where to pick up the keys.
Northern Lapland, Inari region, Kaldoaivi Wilderness Area.
The closest villages are Sevetti and Näätämö 25 km, where you will find a service station and a grocery shop.
The closest summer cottage is located at a distance of 3 km. Excursionmap.fi
80 € / night and 480 € / week (incl. VAT 10%).
For July‒August, reservations only for full weeks (Sat‒Sat). After the 1st of May, you may also make reservations for individual days for July‒August of the same year.
- Heating with a wood-burning stove. Solar cell lights and candles, a gas cooker, a sauna in a separate building, drinking water from the brook, a dry toilet, a campfire site and a smoker, a root cellar. Please note that it takes some time until the hut is properly warm. (The solar panel will be removed in winter 2023-24).
- Please note! No boat.
- Bring toilet paper and candles with you.
- It's recommended to take a first aid kit with you
- There is a recycling point at the rental hut. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- Keys can be picked up from:
- Ivalo: Ivalo River Camping (ivalorivercamping.com) camping area (Kerttuojantie 1, 99800 Ivalo (Inari), tel. +358 40 039 5046) or Ivalo Customer Service Point
- Siida: Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida.
- When picking up the keys you must have a receipt with you. Keys should be returned at the same place where they were collected from.
In summer: the summer trail has been marked on trees and stones with orange paint marks. The trail starts from the Jäniskoski parking area, which is located at a distance of about 10.4 km from the Sevettijärvi bar crossroads towards Näätämö. The parking area is located on the left side of the road when arriving from Sevettijärvi. The distance to the hut is about 7 km. The same trail runs to the Saunakoski hut, as to the Kuosnajoki hut. In places, the trail is stony and the most demanding ascends are when climbing onto Jänispää Fell and Vanhavaara Hill. In the vicinity of River Näätämöjoki, the trails to these two huts branch off; when going to the Saunakoski hut, turn towards the southwest (upstream), and when heading to the Kuosnajoki hut, turn towards the northeast (downstream). Please note the branching off of the trails! The banks of River Näätämöjoki are level.
In winter: the trail has been marked with blue signs. In addition, there is a marked snowmobile track from the Sevettijärvi church (towards Näätämö) to the shore of Lake Jänisjärvi (13.5 km). On the left side of the road, there is space for parking where you can set off for the snowmobile track. From the northern shore of Lake Räkkijärvi, a marked winter trail branches off towards the Saunakoski hut. The distance is about 10 km.
- Fishing: When fishing at flowing waters, you must have paid the fisheries management fee (eraluvat.fi), as well as the angling permit. Please note that there is a quota for the number of the fishing licences to be sold for River Näätämöjoki. You can buy fishing licences from Metsähallitus customer service points and from local entrepreneurs.
- The Metsähallitus' hut for the game and fisheries warden is in the same courtyard, about at a 40 metres distance (only occasionally used).
- The water is not tested annually, so we recommend that you boil the drinking water first.
- Pets are allowed in the hut.
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland. For more information contact Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida tel. int. +358 206 39 7740.