Inari Hiking Area Directions and Maps
Inari Hiking Area is located from Lake Myössäjärvi, along Inari - Ivalo road, to the northern side of Juutuanjoki River, and from there to the south, until Lake Solojärvi along Inari - Kittilä road. Towards the east, the hiking area includes half of Lake Inarijärvi. Lake Myössäjärvi area can be reached from the road 4 (Inari - Ivalo), and Juutua area from the village of Inari.
- There are daily coach connections from Rovaniemi, Utsjoki, Karigasniemi and Näätämö. Timetables (matkahuolto.fi).
- The nearest airport (finavia.fi) is in Ivalo. From airport there is a trasportation to Inari village (kuljetusliikeilmarislant.fi), notice that you have to make a pre-booking on the previos day by 6.pm.
- Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Inari (matka.fi)
- To get to the hiking area by car, drive from Ivalo direction on the road 4 for 20 - 40 km to the north, or drive from the village of Inari on the road 955 for 3 - 10 km towards Kittilä. Along the roads, there are many parking areas, from where you can get to the hiking trails or fishing spots.
- Driving directions to Siida.
Starting Points for Excursions
- There are parking areas along the Ivalo - Inari road, in the village of Inari, and along Inari - Solojärvi road.
- Starting points for the trails are located near the village of Inari.
- Harbours for boaters are located in Veskoniemi, Nangunniemi, Nellim and Inari.
- Hammastunturi Ivalojoki Juutua waterproof outdoor map, 1:50 000, Karttakeskus 2020. The map is sold by Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen, Ivalo Customer Service, Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida, Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- Inari Hiking Trails, 1:50 000, Metsähallitus 2018, the map is sold by Siida- Northern Lapland Nature Centre and Ivalo Customer Service. Julkaisut.metsa.fi
- Inarin osoite- ja virkistyskartta: Address and recreation map of Inari, 1:150 000, Lapland District Survey Office 2013. The map is sold by Siida - Northern Lapland Nature Centre and Ivalo Customer Service.
- Maastokartat: Terrain maps, nos W511 and W512, 1:50 000, Maanmittauslaitos 2008. The maps are sold by Siida - Northern Lapland Nature Centre, Ivalo Customer Service and Karttakeskus.
- Veneilykartta 480: Boating map 480, 1:50 000, Finnish Maritime Administration 2011. The map is sold by Siida - Northern Lapland Nature Centre and Ivalo Customer Service.
- Inarijärvi Vätsäri Tsarmitunturi, waterproof map, 1:25 000 and 1:100 000, Calazo Förlag 2016. Map is sold by Calazo, Siida - Northern Lapland Nature Centre, Saariselkä and Ivalo Customer Services and many businesses in the area.
- Hiking GT Pohjois-Suomi: Hikingmap GT Finland North, 2016, 1:400 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
Map Sales Points
- Siida - Northern Lapland Nature Centre
- Ivalo Customer Service
- Karttakeskus (karttakauppa.fi)
- Calazo (calazo.fi, in Finnish)
- National Land Survey Service Points (maanmittauslaitos.fi)