Käsivarsi Wilderness Area
- Meekonjärvi Lake in Käsivarsi Wilderness Area. Photo: Seija Olkkonen
- Käsivarsi Wilderness Area. Photo: Seija Olkkonen
- Saarijärvi Open and Reservable Hut. Photo: Seija Olkkonen
- Käsivarsi Wilderness Area is a desired destination for fishermen. Photo: Seija Olkkonen
- Hikers camping on the Nordkalottleden Trail. Photo: Seija Olkkonen
Finland's wild northwestern arm – Käsivarsi – has the country's most mountainous scenery. Halti Fell, the highest peak in Finland, can be reached all year round along the challenging Nordkalottleden Trail. A shorter walk from Kilpisjärvi village takes you to the top of the iconic Saana Fell. Rare arctic and mountain plants and animals thrive amid Käsivarsi's splendid scenery. Grayling and arctic charr rise to the bait in the region's fine fishing waters.