Riämnjánjargâ / Kettuniemi Rental Hut
Rental hut, 6 persons / 25 m2. The hut has a main room (4 people) and a kitchen (2 people). Sauna in a separate building.
Reservations can be made by contacting Ivalo Customer Service (Ivalontie 10, 99800 Ivalo (Inari), tel. +358 206 39 7701) or Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida (Inarintie 46, 99870 Inari, tel. +358 206 39 7740).
Terms of reservation for the Kettuniemi rental hut. See where to pick up the keys.
Kettuniemi rental hut, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 69° 07.5264' lon: 28° 00.0976' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7668674 E: 539829.
The distance by boat from Partakko to the hut is about 10 km, and the walking distance along the very difficult mire terrain is about 15 km; the path has not been marked. We recommend that you get to the hut using your own boat or a rental boat. In winter, ski or snowmobile to the hut.
The distance to the closest neighbour is 6 km.
The closest villages are Partakko at a distance of 8 km (the Ivalo – Näätämö coach stop) and Kaamanen at a distance of 50 km, where you will find a grocery shop and a petrol sales point.
70 € / day and 420 € / week (incl. VAT 10%). Midsummer weekend Thu-Sun 280 €.
For July and August only reservations for a full week (Sat-Sat) are accepted, after the 1st of May also shorter reservations can be done.
Reservable from March to October.
- The kitchen: a gas cooker, a wood-burning stove for heating, bunk beds.
- The main room: two bunk beds and a fireplace for heating.
- There is a root cellar, a campfire site and a dry toilet outside.
- Household water is taken from the lake. The water is not tested annually so we recommend that you boil the drinking water first. Read the drinking water tips on the Hiking in Finland website.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm!
- There is a good jetty by the lake, which is a satisfactory swimming place, but not an official swimming spot. There is no rowing boat.
- There is a recycling point at the rental hut. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
Keys can be picked up from: Ivalo River Camping (ivalorivercamping.com) camping area (Kerttuojantie 1, 99800 Ivalo (Inari), tel. +358 40 039 5046), Ivalo Customer Service or Nature Centre Siida. When picking up the keys you must have a receipt with you. Keys should be returned at the same place they were collected from.
Maps and Description
Lake Inarijärvi boating map, 1:50 000.
Address and recreation map of Inari, 1:150 000.
Access in Summer:
From the Sevettijärvi – Näätämö road (Road no. 971) in the village of Partakko, where you will find a parking area and a boat launching ramp into Lake Inarijärvi (in Finnish).
Access in Winter:
Along the snowmobile track from Inari or by skiing from the village of Partakko (11 km) along the lake's ice.
- The Inari - Sevettijärvi snowmobile track runs at a distance of 6 km from the hut.
- It is not possible to obtain net fishing licences for Lake Inarijärvi.
- Please bring your own linen or a sleeping bag.
- No toilet paper or paper towels are kept in the hut. Bring candles, too.
- Make sure you pack a first aid kit.
- For enquiries on transport services, please contact the local entrepreneurs.
- To fish at Lake Inarijärvi, you will need a fishing permit for Lake Inarijärvi (eraluvat.fi) and proof of payment of the fisheries management fee (eraluvat.fi).
- Pets are permitted in the hut.
- Safety on hiking.
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland. Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida, tel. int. +358 206 39 7740.