Customer Service and Guidance
- Korteniemi Heritage Farm (in Finnish) is open during the summer.
- The services at Korteniemi include guided tours, events and reservations smoke sauna.
Information on Liesjärvi and Torronsuo
National Parks and other nature reserve near by. Sales of maps and small products.
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
Meals, Where to Buy and Prepare
A café can be found at Häme Nature Centre, which is 5 km north of the park. The café is open at the same times as the Nature Centre.
There are campfire sites at Siltalahti Bay, at Cape Korteniemi, at Savilahti Bay camping site, at Peukalolammi sleeping shelter and at Kaksvetinen Lappish kota hut.
A picnic table can be found at all National Park parking areas, except at Sikomäki and Peukalolamminkangas.
Please note that lighting campfires is forbidden also on the campfire sites when the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect. Check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi).
- This prohibition does not apply to cooking shelters or other fireplaces with a flue.
Drinking water point in the National Park is located:
- There are no waste-bins in the area. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a dry toilet or compost and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire.
- There is a compost point at Korteniemi parking area behind the dry toilet.
- Read more about Hiking without littering.
Dry toilets can be found at Pirttilahti, Kopinlahti, Siltalahti and Korteniemi parking areas.
Dry toilets can also be found at Savilahti Camping Site, at Peukalolammi sleeping shelter, at Kaksvetienen Lappish kota hut and at Korteniemi Heritage Farm.
Camping, Lean-to Shelters and Campfire Shelters
Camping is permitted within the National Park at Savilahti camping site. There is also a sleeping shelter in Peukalolammi and a Lappish kota hut in Kaksvetinen. Camping is allowed near them.
Staying Overnight in the Surrounding Area
Detailed information on accommodation in the surrounding area can be found from the Forssa region travel guide (www.fskk.fi) and in Forssa Tourist Information office.
The smoke sauna at Korteniemi Heritage Farm can be rented by the public during Farm's opening hours. Included in the price (300 e) are guidance on the use of the sauna, heating, washing water and cleaning. More information from Metsähallitus Customer Service: sisasuomi(at)metsa.fi, tel. int. +358 206 39 5270.
Services for the Disabled
At Korteniemi parking area there is a dry toilet for the disabled. From there 200 m forest road accessible by wheelchair leads to Korteniemi Heritage Farm (in Finnish). The disabled people can also drive very near the yard of Korteniemi. Korteniemi main building is accessible by wheelchair if special ramps are asked for in advance. We suggest that visitors with wheelchairs have an assistant with them.
Here is a tourist enterprise Lindabella for groups with special needs in Tammela. Lindabella has accommodations for the disabled.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- Many services can be found in the centres of Tammela (www.tammela.fi, in Finnish) and Forssa (www.forssa.fi). The town of Forssa is located 25 km from the National Park and the centre of the municipality of Tammela is 23 km away.
- A taxi service and foodstuff kiosk with post service can be found in the village of Porras in Tammela.
- The shop and gas station closest to the National Park is located in the village of Letku.
- The closest petrol station with diesel fuel is in Forssa.
- Snowshoes and cycles can be rented from Häme Nature Centre.