Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
Meals, where to buy and prepare
Heretty summer cafe
- Opening hours: 1.5.-31.10.2019 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- You can also hire a row boat, a canoe, a kayak, a fatbike, hiking equipment, a packraft or accommodation from Heretty cafe.
- Reservations for groups in advance.
- Contact: 044 532 5955 (Minna), 044 049 5067 (Vesa), erataival(at)gmail.com
There are no shops in Isojärvi area. The nearest shops can be found in Länkipohja and Kuhmoinen.
Campfire Sites and Cooking Shelters
- Kannuslahti: a cooking shelter (with flue) and a campfire site,
- Kuorejärvi: a campfire site and a lean-to shelter
- Vahterjärvi: a campfire site and a lean-to shelter
- Lortikka: a campfire site on south side of Lake Lortikkalampi,
- Kalalahti: a campfire site and lean-to shelter
- Renusaari: a campfire site and lean-to shelter
When the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect, fire lighting is allowed only in the built fireplace of the cooking shelter in Kannuslahti. Check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi).
- There is a well at Heretty cabin, the water has been tested and suitable for drinking.
- Surface water, such as water from lakes, rivers and brooks should be boiled before drinking, because the quality of the water varies in different areas.
- There are no waste-bins in the area. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a dry toilet and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire.
- There is a recycling point in Heretty behind the horse stable.
- Read more about Hiking without Littering.
There is a dry toilet at each campfire site. In addition, there are dry toilets at parking areas of Heretty and Huhtala.
Camping and Lean-to Shelters
In the National Park, overnight stays are allowed at
- Kuorejärvi lean-to shelter and camping site
- Vahterjärvi lean-to shelter and camping site
- Kalalahti lean-to shelter and camping site
- Renusaari lean-to shelter and camping site
The facilities of these sites include a dry toilet, firewood, axe and campfire site.
- Lortikka and Luutsaari rental huts. Bookings via Metsähallitus, Tel. int. +358 206 92 424 from monday to friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Heretty Rental Huts 1 and 2
Caravan tourists can stay at Heretty parking area, but there are no special services.
There are two row boats at Kalalahti Bay on Lake Isojärvi (price 20 € / day). There are four canoes by the Kannuslahti bridge at Lake Kurkijärvi. The row boats, canoes, hiking equipment and two packrafts can be rented at Heretty Cafe.
Services for the Disabled
There are no services for the disabled in the National Park.
Services for Boaters
There is a parking area and boat launching place in Nokipohja, North-West to Huhtala croft. In Kalalahti there is a canoe jetty.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
The nearest banks, post offices, health centres, pharmacies and petrol stations can be found in the municipalities of Länkipohja (www.langelmaki.fi, in Finnish), 14 km, and Kuhmoinen (www.kuhmoinen.fi, in Finnish), 17 km.