Visit Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen
Opening hours in 2021
1.1. - 15.2. Mon-Fri 9 am. - 4:30 pm.
16.2. - 25.4. Mon-Sun 9 am. - 4:30 pm.
26.4. - 22.8. Mon-Fri 9 am. - 4:30 pm.
23.8. - 26.9. Mon-Sun 9 am. - 4:30 pm.
27.9. - 5.12. Mon-Fri 9 am. - 4:30 pm.
6.12. - 31.12. Mon-Sun 9 am. - 4:30 pm.
On New Year´s Day 1.1. closed, on Epiphany 6.1. closed, on Ascension Day 13.5. closed, on Midsummer's Eve 25.6. closed, on Independence Day 6.12. cloced, on Christmas Holidays 24.-26.12. closed.
Address: Lutontie 16 (Santa's Hotel Tunturi's Gielas building), 99830 Saariselkä (Inari), Finland
Telephone: +358 206 39 7200
E-mail: ukpuisto(at)metsa.fi, hammastunturi(at)metsa.fi
Contact Saariselkä-Inari Tourist Infomation:
Telephone: +358 40 168 7838
Directions and Maps
- The service point is located in Saariselkä by Main Road 4/E75 (Rovaniemi-Utsjoki), 30 km south of Ivalo and 260 km north of Rovaniemi. Kiehinen is located in the center of Saariselkä in the Santa´ s Hotel Tunturi Gielas building ground floor, which is opposite to Lapland Hotel Riekonlinna.
- Daily bus lines (matkahuolto.fi) operate along Main Road 4/E75 (Rovaniemi–Utsjoki) and along Saariseläntie. The nearest bus stop is on other side of road (Lapland Hotel Riekonlinna bus stop), approximately 20 metres from the customer service point.
- The nearest airports are in Ivalo (finavia.fi) and Rovaniemi (finavia.fi).
- The nearest railway station (vr.fi) is in Rovaniemi.
- Buses from Rovaniemi pass via the Rovaniemi railway station, and some of the lines serve Rovaniemi Airport.
- There is an airport bus connection from Ivalo Airport to Saariselkä and Kiilopää (eskelisen.fi).
- On Waters and Upper Reaches
The exhibition On Waters and Upper Reaches takes us on an excursion to the canoe routes of the northernmost Lapland; it also tells about the water cycle of the region – from small brooks to the Arctic Ocean – in an interesting way.
- Language: Finnish, Sámi and English