Rytitupa Reservable Wilderness Hut
Reservable wilderness hut, 8 persons, 22 m².
Due to Covid-19 situation the hut is rented for private use only at a price of 48 euros per day.
From the Iso-Syöte main road(nro 858) there are road signs to the Rytivaara Crown Tenant Farm, which is about 18 km from Syöte village. The road signs lead to the Ukonvaara parking lot, which is 3,7 km from the hut, along the trail. The road to Ukonvaara is closed in wintertime.
- Syöte ski tracks (syote.fi)
- Syöte National Park map
- Syöte Day Trails – guide and map
- Iso-Syöte – Taivalvaara – Kylmäluoma outdoor map, 1:50 000
- Pärjänjoki water travel guide 1:50 000
Rytitupa, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 65° 46.6051' lon: 27° 42.0641' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7295205 E: 532096
12 € / night / person or the whole hut 96 € /night.
- Heating stove, gas cooker, saucepans and a frying pan.
- No other cooking utensils. No electricity!
- There are two bunk beds at the hut. Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- Outside there are a woodshed and a dry toilet, as well as a camp fire site in the farm yard. There is a sauna for those staying at the reservable hut.
- The water in the yard´s wells have not be en examined, so bringing your own drinking water is preferable. From the farm´s sauna there is a trail leading to a waterhole. Using water from this waterhole is at your own risk. Familiarize yourself with the drinking water- section in the ABC of Hiking.
- Syöte National Park follows the principles of Hiking without Littering. Please do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
Keys for the Rytitupa reservable wilderness hut are available in the key cabinet located beside the door of the Rytitupa hut.
- Between 15.6.-17.8.2018 the hut is reserved for shepherds only.
- Check the road access from Syöte Visitor Centre during Winter.
- You may bring pets to the hut.
- The water in the yard´s wells have not been examined. From the farm´'s sauna there is a trail leading to a waterhole. The water has not been examined and using water this is at your own risk.
- There is no handicap service available at the site.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm!
- Safety on hiking.