Pookin pirtti, Rental Hut
Pookin pirtti rental hut is located at the highest peak of Rokua National park, at Pookivaara. The hut was built by the Utajärvi Civil Guard during the 1940's.
Rental Hut, 6-8 ppl, 2 rooms and a kitchen
75€ / night. Prices include value added tax of 10%.
The rental time at the hut starts at 2 pm and ends at 12 pm.
The hut is not available for rent between 1st of January 2024 and 30th of April 2024. Available for rent again on 1st May 2024 and onwards.
Reservations on Eräluvat web store (eraluvat.fi)
Northern Ostrobothnia, Utajärvi municipality, Rokua National Park.
Coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 64° 33.8372' lon: 26° 29.7273' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7159955 E: 475820
Pookin pirtti rental hut is located in fell Pookivaara, Rokua National Park.
You can leave your car in Pooki parking area (Excursionmap.fi). There is a 900m walk to the hut from the parking area. Winter maintenance up to Pooki parking area (excursionmap.fi).
The keys are in the key box next to the door. You'll receive the code by email after paying for the reservation.
Heating and light
Stove in every room. Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm! No electricity.
A gas stove, crockery.
Drinking water must be brought with you. The water quality of the well is not monitored. Water from the well can be used for washing the dishes. Wash the dishes at least 15 metres away from the well to prevent detergent or food remains contaminating the water in the well.
Bunk beds, mattresses, pillows, blankets. Bring your own bedsheets.
An outhouse for shared use. Bring your own toilet paper.
Please do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- During the winter, you should heat ONLY the kitchen and the second bedroom if you have reserved the cabin for a small group. This way, the living room heats up faster and less wood is consumed. Close the door of the bedroom that is not heated to keep the heat in the rooms where you stay.
- There is no waste management at Rokua National Park. Do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- Pets are allowed but do not let the pets sleep in the beds.
- There is also a wilderness hut, a day-use hut and an observation tower right next to the rental hut.
- The range of mobile phones is weak in some places.
- Keisarinkierros and Syvyyden kierros trails connect at fell Pookivaara. Rokua mountainbike trails go through fell Pookivaara.