Petkeljärvi National Park Directions and Maps
Petkeljärvi National Park is located on the eastside of main road 74, which runs between Joensuu and Ilomantsi.
- From Ilomantsi take road 5004. Turn onto Petkeljärventie Road just before Oinassalmi Sound. From this intersection it is 6 km to Petkeljärvi Nature Information Hut and Outdoor Centre. There are signposts to the park from road 74.
- A coach travels only during the school year (from mid-August to the beginning of June) from Ilomantsi along road 5004 to Oinassalmi Sound (Petkeljärvi intersection), from where it is 6 km to Petkeljärvi Nature Information Hut and Outdoor Centre.
- The National Park's parking areas are located on the park's northern boundary, at Lake Pieni Kuikkalampi, at Lake Kuikkalampi and at Cape Petraniemi (Petkeljärventie 61, Ilomantsi). At Cape Petraniemi there are also parking spaces for caravans.
In winter the road to Petraniemi parking area is mostly maintained.
More precise parking area addresses are not available. Parking area addresses are in Finnish to be used in navigators.
- Starting Points for Trails
- Boat Ramps
- Petkeljärvi brochure map (Pdf-file 1.8 Mb, julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Excursionmap.fi of Metsähallitus
- Kuikan Kierros Nature Trail map (vaellus.info, in Finnish)
- Taitajan taival Trail map (vaellus.info, in Finnish)
- InfoGIS Ilomantsi map service (infogis.fi)
- National Land Survey of Finland map service (karttapaikka.fi)
- Koli Ruunaa Patvinsuo Petkeljärvi, water resistant outdoor map 1:25 000. Karttakeskus 2020. The maps are sold by the Koli Naturum, Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- Terrain map N622, 1:50 000. The map is sold by the National Land Survey of Finland, Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- Maastokartat: Terrain maps 4243 06, 09 and 12, 1:20 000. The maps are sold by the National Land Survey of Finland, Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- Retkeily GT Itä-Suomi: GT Outdoor Map Finland East, 2014, 1:250 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- Pohjois-Karjala (North Karelia Region), water resistant map, 1:25 000, Calazo Förlag 2015. Map is sold for example by Koli Nature Centre Ukko.