Langinkoski Nature Reserve is located in the town of Kotka, in the delta of the eastern main branch of River Kymijoki. Kotka is one of the biggest towns in southern Finland, on the coast of the Gulf of Finland.
- To get to the parking area at the end of Keisarinmajantie road, turn from E18 road (Helsinki-Hamina) at Kyminlinna towards Kotka. Drive a short while on the road going to the town centre, and then turn right. Then just follow the signs.
- There is also a parking area along Langinkoskentie road.
By Public Transportation
The local buses 12, 13, 14 and 15 from the town of Kotka run on Langinkoskentie road. The nearest busstop is about 150 metres east of the bridge, next to the polytechnic. The bus timetables you can find on the webpage of the town of Kotka (www.kotka.fi, in Finnish).
Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Langinkoski (www.journey.fi)
Starting Points for Excursions
- The parking areas of Langinkoski are located at the end of Keisarinmajantie road (Kotka) and along Langinkoskentie road (Kotka).
- There are no marked trails in the area, but many footpaths crisscross the area. The main routes go past the parking areas.
- Terrain map L434, 1:50 000. The map is sold by Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Kotka ja Karhula opaskartta: Kotka and Karhula tourist map, 1:15 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- Maastokartta: Terrain map no 3023 12, 1:20 000. The map is sold by Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- GT tiekartta Etelä-Suomi: GT Roadmap Finland South, 2010, 1:250 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
Map Sales Points