Lammasharju, Rental Hut
Rental Hut, 4 persons / 44 m2. 1 room.
Bookings from the web shop eraluvat.fi. Information of Lammasharju and the area from Saimaa Nature Centre Riihisaari tel. +358 206 39 5929. Terms of reservation for the Lammasharju rental hut.
Eastern Finland, South Savo Region, Savonlinna, Punkaharju Nature Reserve
- Lammasharju, address: Vaahersalontie 79 a, 58450 Punkaharju
- Lammasharju, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 61° 47.5931' lon: 29° 18.1434' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6853294 E: 621391
- Map of the Punkaharju Nature Reserve
The Lammasharju Rental Hut is located on the shore of Lake Pihlajavesi, close to a water route. There is a road to the hut from Kruunupuisto, Punkaharju. There is pedestrian and bicycle traffic on the road, so please drive carefully. Do not park on any of the routes, just in the hut's yard. There is room in the yard for only two cars.
The hut can be used as a base camp for making trips to see Punkaharju's national landscape and sights.
In order to reach the Lammasharju Rental Hut, drive along main road no. 14, 30 km from Savonlinna and 90 km from Imatra. From Helsinki, the distance is 370 km. From Punkaharju road no. 4792, turn onto Vaahersalo Road and drive for about 0.7 km. Turn to the right, drive for 30 m and, before the terraced house, turn to the left onto the narrow road leading to the hut. Drive along the road in the vicinity of the shore for about 0.8 km to the destination.
By Public Transport
Punkaharju is also easily reached by public transport.
- There is a regular coach service (matkahuolto.fi) from Savonlinna and Imatra. The coach stop is located by the Punkaharju esker road at junction of Vaahersalontie Road.
- Trains (vr.fi) stop several times per day at the stations of Punkaharju parish village, Retretti Art Centre, and Lusto, the Finnish Forest Museum.
- There is also a flight (finavia.fi) connection to Savonlinna.
- It is easy to get to the hut by boat from Pihlajavesi and Puruvesi along the water route.There is a jetty on the shore where larger boats can land as well.
- Canoeing and kayaking map of Mikkeli-Savonlinna-Punkaharju, 1: 50 000
- Terrain map M542, 1:50 000
- Rental period from 27 May to 1 October 2022
- Minimum rental period 2 days 180 € (season A), 210€ (season B)
- Prices for a week 510 € (season A), 600 € (season B)
- Prices include VAT 10%
- A -season 27.5.-16.6. and 30.7.-1.10.
- B -season 17.6.-30.7.
- See the Terms of Reservation
- Information regarding the keys will be provided in the reservation confirmation.
- Bunk bed, a bed for one and a sofa (mattresses, pillows and blankets, no linen), electric lights, an electric cooker and refrigerator. Kitchen utensils and tableware for four. Electric heating. A wood-burning fireplace is in the hut.
- The yard has a campfire site and a dry toilet. There is no well at the hut, so you must bring your own drinking water.
- There is a boat stage on the shore. There is no row boat. There is a sandy beach, and the water gets deep quickly so use caution. There is a wood-burning sauna by the lake. Read more about Hiking without Littering.
- The hut is not accessible by wheelchair.
- Pets are not permitted in the hut.
- No toilet paper available.
- Lighting fire at the yard` s campfire site is forbidden if the forest or grass fire warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi) are in effect
- Safety on hiking
Maintenance and Management
- Tel. +358 (0)50 592 3931
- Further information: Saimaa Nature Centre Riihisaari, Tel. +358 206 39 5929