Services in Kuusamo Customer Service Karhuntassu
There are differences in the epidemic situation between regions in Finland. Some Nature Centres may have to close. Check the current situation on the webpage of the Destination or Nature Centre you are planning to visit.
Because of the coronavirus, safe distances should be kept even in nature, and thorough hand hygiene should be followed at huts, campfire sites and after using the toilet. Metsähallitus' policies and guidelines will be updated as the general corona guidelines become more specific. Check our website for the current situation: www.nationalparks.fi/coronavirusguidelines.
- Information on the natural features and hiking opportunities in Oulanka National Park, Riisitunturi National Park, Näränkä Natural Forests and the Iivaara area as well as other national parks and nature reserves.
- Reservations for and keys to Metsähallitus' Näränkä rental hut.
- For sale: maps on nearby areas, books, T-shirts and other products.
- The café is maintained by the Hannu Hautala Nature Photography Centre (hannuhautala.fi). There are no meal services available at the café.
- Tourist information on the town of Kuusamo and the Ruka area (ruka.fi).
- The Hannu Hautala Nature Photography Centre presents photographs taken by Hannu Hautala, Nature Photographer, over a period of 40 years.
- The tourist centre is also accessible by wheelchair with an assistant from the parking area that is located 20 metres away from the building. Vehicles transporting the disabled are allowed to drive close to the yard.
- The toilet for the disabled is located on the entrance floor.
- The exhibition (subject to a fee) at the Hannu Hautala Nature Photography Centre can be toured by wheelchair. The exhibition is multi-sensory.
- There is room for about twenty wheelchairs at a time at the café.