Visit Kalajoki Visitor Centre
Opening Hours 2020
1.6. - 31.8. Mon - Fri 10 - 17, Sat - Sun 11 - 16, closed 19. - 21.6.
1.9. - 10.10. Wed - Fri 10 - 16, Sat 11-16
11.10. - 25.10. Mon - Fri 10 - 17, Sat - Sun 11-16
Closed 26.10. - 31.12.2020
At other times by appointment. We reserve the rights to changes.
Directions and Maps
- Highway no. 8 from Kokkola to Oulu runs at a distance of 0.5 km from Kalajoki Visitor Centre. Turn off of the Hiekkasärkät E intersection and at the roundabout, follow the signposts to the Visitor centre (Meriluontokeskus).
- Highway no. 27 from Ylivieska joins Highway no. 8 at the centre of Kalajoki. From the intersection, turn towards Kokkola and drive for about 5 km along Highway no. 8. From the Hiekkasärkät E intersection, turn right and at the roundabout, follow the signposts to the Visitor Centre (Meriluontokeskus).
- Several express and regular service coaches operate between Kokkola and Oulu on Highway no. 8. Most of them stop by the Sand Dunes (Hiekkasärkät). The coaches operating from Ylivieska via Kalajoki to Kokkola and back drive via the Sand Dunes (Hiekkasärkät). More detailed timetables can be found on Matkahuolto (matkahuolto.fi).
- The closest railway stations are in Ylivieska (45 km) and Kokkola (60 km). Train timetables can be found on VR's website (vr.fi).
- The closest airports are at Oulunsalo (Oulu airport, 135 km) and at Kronoby (80 km). Timetables can be found on Finavia (finavia.fi).
- Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Kalajoki (journey.fi)