Workers' quarters in the Kultala Gold Village Reservable Wilderness Hut
Reservable hut, two rooms, accommodation space for 11 people.
Reservations: Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen or by e-mail hammastunturi(at)metsa.fi. Terms of reservation for the Workers' quarters in the Kultala Gold Village reservable hut. See where to pick up the keys.
Ivalojoen Kultala tupa, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 68° 30.3707' lon: 26° 40.7019' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7599334 E: 486848.
The hut is located on the northern bank of the River Ivalojoki, 7 km west of the River Sotajoki, very close to the Kultala Gold Village on the River Ivalojoki.
12 € / night / person (incl. VAT 10%).
The hut is reservable from March to October.
- A wood burning oven and a gas stove.
- A woodshed and a dry toilet.
- Water can be taken from a small creek nearby.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
You can pick up the keys from Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen, Ivalo Customer Service or from Vuotso JJR Pehkonen Oy tel. +358 442 432 449. Keys must be returned to the same place they were picked up from.
Maps and Description
Hammastunturi - Etelä-Inari outdoor map 1:100 000.
Hammastunturi - Ivalojoki - Juutua outdoor map 1:50 000.
Terrain map V443 1:50 000.
From Saariselkä, drive south along the E-75 for 10 km (or from Kakslauttanen, drive north for 2 km) and turn onto Kutturantie Road. Drive 17 km along Kutturantie Road and turn onto Pahaojantie Road, continue for 10 km, after which you will arrive at Pahaoja parking area. Pahaojantie Road is not ploughed in winter.
There is no public transport to the hut. The closest coach stop is located on the E-75 by the Kuttura intersection, from which the distance to Pahaoja hut is about 27 km. The 12-km-long marked trail runs from Pahaoja parking area to the workers' quarters in the Kultala Gold Village.
- Pets are not allowed in the hut.
- Make sure to pack a first aid kit with you.
- The 12-km-long marked summer hiking trail to the workers' quarters in the Kultala Gold Village starts out from Pahaoja parking area. The hut is also accessible by canoe.
- Please bring your own linen or a sleeping bag as well as tableware. No toilet paper or paper towels are kept in the hut. Bring candles, too.
- It is possible to stay for a maximum of 7 nights in a row in the hut.
- The principles of Hiking Without Littering are practised in the hut. This means that visitors are asked to take back everything they brought with them into the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- Safety on hiking.
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland. For more information contact Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen, tel. int. +358 206 39 7200, Ivalo Customer Service tel. int. +358 206 39 7701 or Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida tel. int. +358 206 39 7740.
Length of Reservation
Rental time begins at 2 pm and ends at 12 noon in reservable and rental huts.
- Fully booked