Isoniemi Reservable Wilderness Hut
Oulu region and Kainuu, North Ostrobothnia, Pudasjärvi, River Pärjänjoki Canoe Route.
From Ukonvaara Road, drive towards the Rytivaara Crown tenant farm (in Finnish) for about 10 km. After the Pärjänjoki Bridge, take the first crossroads to the right and continue for about 2 km. On the right, there is a parking space, from where a 300-m-long path takes you to the hut.
- Syöte National Park map
- Syöte day trails – guide and map
- Iso-Syöte – Taivalvaara – Kylmäluoma outdoor map, 1:50 000,
- River Pärjänjoki canoe guide, 1:50 000
Isoniemi, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 65° 43.0497' lon: 27° 44.6930' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7288624 E: 534180
12 € / night / person, or the entire hut 48 € / night.
- There are a heating stove and gas cooker at the hut as well as saucepans and a frying pan. No other crockery. Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- Bunk beds, mattresses and pillows for 4 people. A campfire site, a woodshed and a dry toilet are available at the yard. No sauna.
- You must bring your own drinking water or take it from the clear-water brook running by the hut. Use of the natural waters as drinking water is at your own risk. Read more about what to take with you.
- Syöte National Park follows the principles of Hiking without Littering. Please do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
Keys for the Isoniemi reservable wilderness hut are available in the key kabinet located beside the door of the Isoniemi hut.
- In winter, check the condition of the route to the hut in advance at the Syöte Visitor Centre.
- You may bring pets to the hut.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm!
- Safety on hiking.