Customer Service and Guidance
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the Teijo National Park
Meals, where to buy and prepare
Shops and Restaurants
- There is Restaurant Teijo in the village of Teijo
- There is a small grocery store in Teijo
- There is Restaurant Ruukin Krouvi in the village of Mathildedal
- There is Restaurant Mathildan Marina in the village of Mathildedal
- There is Cafe Kyläkonttori & Puoti in the village of Mathildedal
- There is Cafe PetriS Chocolate Room in the village of Mathildedal
In total, there are 13 campfire sites in the National Park. Alongside each lean-to shelter, there is a campfire site.
Please note that lighting campfires is also forbidden at campfire sites if the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect. Check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi). This prohibition does not apply to cooking shelters or other fireplaces with a shelter and a flue.
During a forest fire alarm, lighting campfires is allowed only in the cooking shelters.
There are three cooking shelters in the National Park:
- Kavanderinlahti cooking shelter is located in the southern part of Lake Matildanjärvi, about 150 m from the parking area.
- Kariholma cooking shelter is located in the southern part of Lake Matildanjärvi, about 400 m from the parking area.
- All the facilities of Kariholma cooking shelter have been constructed especially for the disabled: the barbecue and cooking shelter, the firewood shelter, the dry toilet, the fish cleaning shelter, the boat stage, and the camping site. In addition, there is a row boat with backrest for rowing at the lake.
- The cooking shelter of Lake Hamarinjärvi is located in the northern end of the National Park, at Onnelannummi camping ground, in the northern part of Lake Hamarinjärvi. Suitable for bigger groups and requires booking.
Rental cabin in Vicksbäckinlahti
- There is a tap in the wall of Miilu (former Nature Centre), in Matildanjärvi.
- There is a tap at the cooking shelter of Onnelannummi , in the northern part of Lake Hamarinjärvi. In use only in summer.
- There are no waste-bins in the forest. Taking unnecessary waste into the area should be avoided. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a toilet or composter, and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire. Read more about Hiking without littering.
- There are two waste disposal points in the National Park. One is at the camping site of Onnelannummi in the northern part of the National Park, and the other in the Matildanjärvi parking area in the southern part of Lake Matildanjärvi.
Toilets and WC
Camping and Lean-to Shelters
There are seven lean-to shelters in the area. The facilities include campfire sites, firewood shelters, and dry toilets. The lean-to shelters are located at:
- Roosinniemi, at the eastern shore of Lake Matildanjärvi
- Viksbäckinlahti, at the northern shore of Lake Matildanjärvi
- Isoholma Island, at Lake Matildanjärvi
- Teerisaari, at the southern shore of Lake Puolakkajärvi
- Endal, at the northern shore of Lake Puolakkajärvi
- Kalasuntti Island, at Lake Sahajärvi
- Isoholma Island at the sea, in the middle of the open water area of Teijo
It is recommended that camping takes place at the lean-to shelters because there are campfire sites and dry toilets. Camping is not allowed in protected areas, swimming places and near residential buildings.
Tentsile Experience EcoCamp
Rental Camping Area
- There are 19 places with electricity for caravans in the southern part of Lake Matildanjärvi. These places can be rented from Teijo Nature Centre.
- Caravan parkings pricelist 2019:
- Mon to Sun: 28 e/day, with electricity 5 e/day or 0,25 e/kWh
- 3 days: with electricity 75 e
- Season permit: 1.4. - 31.10.2019 880 e
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
- Hotels in the villages:
- Cottages in the villages:
- Guest harbours in the Mathildedal and in the Teijo village.
- Closest Camping area in Salo, Vuohensaari Camping.
- Hotels in Salossa, 20 km Teijolta, 27 km Mathildedalista
- In the vicinity of the nationalpark are also other possibilities for accommodation.
- In the Lake Matildanjärvi reservations are made from Teijo Nationalpark Info (www.mathildedal.fi):
- Rowboats, prices 2019: 3 h/9 €, 6 h/12 €, 12 h/18 €, a day/25 €. Fishing calls for permits.
- Canoes, prices 2019: 2h/19€, 8h/39€, a day/55€.
- If booked before also single and double kayaks and SUP-boards available. Prices 2019: 2h/35 €, 8h/45€.
- For bigger groups more information on canoe or kayak rental from Extreme Fun (www.extremefun.org, in Finnish), tel.int. + 358 40 522 6325, e-mail: email@example.com)
- Row boats,kayaks and SUP-boards in the Lake Hamarinjärvi: Extreme Fun (www.extremfun.org, in Finnish)
- Row boats in the sea: Mathildan Marina (www.mathildanmarina.fi)
Renting the sauna
- In Matildanjärvi, you can rent a sauna that is located in the shore of Lake Matildanjärvi, approximately 150 meters from the Matildanjärvi parking area. The sauna has a large patio, and two sides with a 8 persons sauna, a shower room, and a changing room.
- The sauna is rented hourly between 12 am and 11 pm. The last turn is from 10 pm till 11 pm.
- Prices in 2019: 1-6 persons/42€/hour or 80€/2 hours, over 6 persons/80€/hour and over 20 persons/10 €/person/hour.
- For customers in the Wilderness Cabins, in the tentsile or with Campervans: 32€/hour or 60€/2 hours
- Reservations: Teijo Nationalpark Info (www.mathildedal.fi)
Services for the Disabled
- In the southern part of Lake Matildanjärvi, there are parts of the trail network constructed to be accessible for wheelchair users, for example the ancient shore of Jeturkasti (0,7 km) can be reached by wheelchair.
- All the facilities of Kariholma have been constructed especially for the disabled: the barbecue and cooking shelter, the firewood shelter, the dry toilet, the fish cleaning shelter, the boat stage, and the camping site. In addition, there is a row boat with backrest on the lake. Kariholma is located at the shore of Lake Matildanjärvi, in the southern part of the National Park, about 600 metres from the parking area on along a gravel trail. Opening the gate: tel.int. +358 (0)44 330 0082 (Teijo National park info) or +358 (0)206 39 4700 (Metsähallitus).
- Accommodation suitable for the disabled can be found in Patotalo in Kirjakkala (www.ruukkikyla.fi).
- In Matildanjärvi, there is an accessible toilet which opens via Teijo National park Info (www.mathildedal.fi), normally closed.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- The nearest shop and taxi are found in the village of Teijo.
- The nearest bank and pharmacy is in the centre of the municipality of Perniö, 16 km away, and the nearest pharmacy which is open out-of-hours is in the town of Salo, 20 km away.
- There are various shops and boutiques for tourists in the villages of Teijo and Mathildedal.