- Information on the natural features and hiking opportunities in the Hossa National Park and in the nearby areas.
- Reservations and keys for the Metsähallitus cabins in the Hossa National Park and for the Seipiniemi Camping Site. The reception of the Karhunkainalo Camping Ground.
- For hire: boats, canoes, kayaks as well as hiking and fishing equipment.
- For sale: fishing, maps of the area, a canoeing guide, Hossa National Park products, books, postcards and souvenirs.
- The café-restaurant has a lunch buffet every day in summer, in other seasons an advance reservation is required. Sales of food and souvenirs.
- WLAN available to customers.
- Meeting facilities: a meeting room (seating 20 people) can be hired for meetings.
- Other services: Info-TV by the municipality of Suomussalmi.
Rental equipment prices
- Canoe 40 €/24 h
- Kayak 30 €/24 h
- Rowing boat 20 €/24 h
- Fatbike 50 €/24 h
- Snowshoes 15 €/24 h
Bookings via Experience KL, email@example.com, +358 (0) 50 384 4692
Café and Restaurant Services
The visitor centre's café-restaurant is operated by Experience KL Oy, tel. +358 (0)50 384 4692. The café-restaurant is open at the same time as the visitor centre, at other times by agreement. The café-restaurant has a lunch buffet every day in summer, in other seasons a reservation is required. Meals in the open and tailored programme services are available upon reservation. The café-restaurant also sells food, fishing equipment and souvenirs.
Services for the Disabled
- The visitor centre is accessible by wheelchair. The yard has two parking spaces for the disabled.
- The café and the meeting room are accessible by wheelchair.
- There is a toilet for the disabled at the visitor centre. Wheelchair batteries can also be recharged at the visitor centre.
- The first stretch (about 600 metres) of the nearby nature trail is suitable for the disabled. The presence of an assistant is recommended. Along the trail, you will find a lean-to shelter that has a cooking shelter, eating area and a drytoilet for the disabled. The nature trail circles a pond that has been stocked with rainbow trout. Along the trail there are fishing jetties that are also suitable for the disabled. You can buy fishing permits at the visitor centre. Another 800-metre-long trail, suitable for the disabled, turns off the nature trail and takes you to the Huosiusjärvi rental cabin.
- The disabled have been considered in the construction of many structures in the national park.
- You can find other accessible hiking destinations on nationalparks.fi/accessibledestinations.