The Vaarunvuoret area is located in Korpilahti, Jyväskylä, on the eastern shore of Lake Päijänne. The distance from the centre of Jyväskylä is roughly 38 km, from Jämsä 43 km, and from Joutsa 39 km.
- Travelling from Jämsä or Jyväskylä along road no. 9, take the Vespuolentie road (no. 610) at Korpilahti towards Joutsa and Luhanka. Drive for roughly 14 km, at which point the Vaarunvuoret parking area is visible on the right-hand side of the road.
- Travelling from Joutsa along road no. 4, take the Korpilahdentie road (no. 610) towards Korpilahti and Luhanka. Drive for roughly 33 km, at which point the Vaarunvuoret parking area is visible on the left-hand side of the road.
For more detailed parking area addresses, please see below under Starting Points for Excursions.
By Public Transportation
- Coach connections are scarce: the nearest bus stop is located in Korpilahti (14 km from Vaarunvuoret). Timetables (www.matkahuolto.fi).
Starting Points for Excursions
- The starting points for the trails are the Vaarunvuoret parking area on the Vespuolentie road (no. 610) and the Korospohja landing place that can be reached by boat or canoe. The Vaarunvuoret parking area is maintained by the Finnish Transport Agency.
- Jyvässeudun ulkoilukartta, 1:55 000 (Jyväskylä region outdoor map). Karttakeskus. This map can be purchased from Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookshops in the Jyväskylä region.
- Veneilijän Kestokartta, J Series, Vesijärvi-Päijänne, 1:40 000, page 321 (boating map for the Vesijärvi-Päijänne area). This map can, for example, be purchased from Karttakeskus.
- Topographic maps numbers 3211 04 and 3211 05, 1:20 000. These maps can be purchased from Karttakeskus and the offices of the National Land Survey of Finland.
- GT tiekartta Länsi-Suomi: GT Roadmap Finland West, 2010, 1:250 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- Forest Map 4-7, 1:250 000.
Map Sales Points