Starting Points for Excursions
- The southern starting point for the trail is on the grounds of the Skolt Sámi Heritage House in the Skolt Sámi village of Sevettijärvi. At the heritage house there is a parking area and a dry toilet.
- The northern starting point is at Pulmankijärvi, where there is also a parking area, dry toilet and information board. From Pulmankijärvi it is about 20 km by road to Nuorgam.
- The trail can be hiked either way south to north or north to south.
- The hiking trail is marked with orange-topped wooden poles.
The trail can be divided into sections, with open wilderness huts as the boundary of each section.
- Sevettijärvi - Iisakkijärvi, 19 km
- Iisakkijärvi - Huikkimajoki, 9 km or alternatively Iisakkijärvi - Rousajärvi - Huikkimajoki, 15 km
- Huikkimajoki - Tsaarajärvi, 12 km
- Tsaarajärvi - Tsuomasjärvi, 11 km
- Tsuomasjärvi - Pulmanki, 13 km
One other hiking trail turn off the Sevettijärvi - Pulmanki Trail at Rousajärvi.
- Inarinpolku Trail, 100 km, is a historical trade route from Sevettijärvi to Karlebotn in Norway.