- There are two information boards with guide information on the area. They are at Lake Haukijärvi, by Torttilantie road and at Sotamiehenaho in the Pitkäkangas area.
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the Recreational Forest
Meals, Where to Buy and Prepare
Campfire Sites and Cooking Shelters
- Lake Haukijärvi cooking shelter
- Haukikalliot campfire site
- Suutarilankoski Rapids campfire site
- Lake Kuttulampi cooking shelter
- Pitkäkoski Rapids campfire site
Please Note: Lighting campfires is strictly forbidden when there is a forest fire warning in effect, even at campfire sites.
- This prohibition does not apply to cooking shelters or other fireplaces with a flue.
- There are wells at the Lake Kuttulampi and Lake Haukilampi cooking shelters. Haukilampi well: the water has been tested and is safe to drink. The well at Lake Kuttulampi: water must be boiled before drinking.
- The surface water from the lakes, rivers and brooks must be boiled before use. Water in the springs and running water in the brooks is usually good for drinking. However, the quality of the water cannot be monitored, so the use of natural water is at your own risk.
- Look at the tips for outdoors drinking water in Hiking in Finland -pages.
There are no waste-bins in the area. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a toilet and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire. Read more about Hiking without Littering.
In the recreational forest there are dry toilets at all camping areas, campfire sites and lean-to shelters. Take your own toiletpaper.
Camping and Lean-to Shelters
There are three free of charge camping areas in Riuttaskorpi Recreational Forest. The service structures at each are a campfire spot, a woodshed and axe as well as a dry toilet. The camping areas are situated
- by the Lake Haukijärvi cooking shelter
- at Suutarilankoski Rapids
- at Lake Kuttulampi
If the group stays in a tent with a stove they are charged a firewood fee.
There is a lean-to shelter at Suutarilankoski Rapids.
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
On the north-east shore of Lake Haukijärvi in Riuttaskorpi Recreational Forest there is a reservable sauna. Those renting the sauna also have a rowboat at their disposal.
Services for the Disabled
The cooking shelter on the northern shore of Lake Haukijärvi and the grounds around it are accessible by wheelchair. There is a dry toilet for the disabled at Haukijärvi.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- There are normal services found in urban areas at Kuru (www.ylojarvi.fi), 15 km away and at Parkano (www.parkano.fi, in Finnish) 30 km away.
- The closest fuel distribution point is in Kuru.