Opening Hours in 2018
- 30 April 15 - 21
- 1 - 31 May every day 10 – 17
- 1 - 30 June every day 10 – 20
- 1 - 31 Juli every day 10 - 20
- 1 - 31 August every day 10 – 20
- 1 – 30 September Saturdays and Sundays 10-17
At other times, by advance reservation
EUR 7, EUR 3 for children between 7 - 15 years. Children under 7 years free.
Guided tour of the castle 80€/1 hour/group
Please book group visits in advace.
- Address: Raaseporin linnantie 110/Raseborgs slottsväg 110, 10710 Snappertuna (castle parking area)
- Address: RESCUE ROAD/Service building: Linnanvoudintie 50/Slotsknektens väg 50, 10710 Snappertuna
- Google Maps (www.googlemaps.fi)
- Metsähallitus is responsible for the maintenance and management of the castle.
- Telephone: +358 206 39 4613 (Metsähallitus customer service, Ekenäs Nature Centre)
- E-mail: tammisaari(at)metsa.fi
- Castle Guard's lodge, a partner of Metsähallitus, is responsible for guided tours and responding to enquiries about opening hours.
- Telephone: +358(0)405317451
- E-mail: slottsknekten(at)raaseporinlinna.fi
- A notification must be submitted to Metsähallitus of any events organised at the site: instructions and a form (www.metsa.fi, in Finnish)
- Companies guiding in the castle should have a valid cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus, please contact rannikko(at)metsa.fi
- Research and other activities not covered by the "Right of Public Access" (also known as "Everyman's rights" in Finland, and the "Right to Roam" in the UK) requires permission from the landowner (instructions and form, www.metsa.fi, in Finnish).
Directions and Maps
The Raseborg Castle Ruin is located close to the Snappertuna church village in the town of Raasepori in Western Uusimaa.
- The Raseborg Castle Ruin is signposted from highway 25. From highway 25, turn onto Huskvarnintie (road 1102) at Degerby, drive on for 4.9 km. Thereafter, turn right onto the Vanha rannikkotie (road 1050), then drive for 1.4 km. Turn left onto Raaseporin linnantie road and continue for 1.2 km.
- The parking area is situated about 0.4 kilometres from the castle on the other side of the River Raaseporinjoki, along Raaseporin linnantie road.
- The castle ruins are accessible by bicycle along the same route as by car, see above. There is an alternative bicycle route via the Snappertuna church village. Cycle along Snappertunan kirkkotie road and further along Väktarintie road, turn right to the castle.