Customer Service and Guidance
- Near the parking area there is a map of the Paaran Patikka Trail.
- For more information on the area contact Metsähallitus:
- Tel. int. + 358 (0) 206 39 4630 (Tue-Fri 10:00-14:00)
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the area
Meals, Where to Buy and Prepare
Cafés and Restaurants
The closest restaurant and café are at Räyskälä. There are also reservable restaurant services (www.loppi.fi, in Finnish) quite near the area.
The closest shop is at Räyskälä about 2.5 km from Iso-Melkutin parking area.
- There are two lean-to shelters and a campfire site at the east end and one lean-to shelter with campfire site at west end of Lake Iso-Melkutin.
- Lighting campfires is forbidden also at the designated campfire sites if the forest fire warning is in effect.
- More information about lighting campfires can be found at Hiking in Finland.
- There is no well at Melkuttimet therefore visitors should bring drinking water with them.
- Look at the tips for outdoors drinking water in Hiking in Finland-pages.
- There are no waste-bins in the area. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a toilet and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire.
- Read more about Hiking without Littering.
- There are a dry-toilets at Iso-Melkutin lean-to shelters.
Camping and Lean-to Shelters
- There are two lean-to shelters at the east end and one lean-to shelter at west end of Lake Iso-Melkutin.
- We recommend that you camp in the vicinity of lean-to shelters as this saves the surrounding terrain from erosion.
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
- There are numerous possibilities for lodging in the area surrounding Melkuttimet. More information provided by the municipality of Loppi (www.loppi.fi, in Finnish).
Services for the Disabled
- There are no services for the disabled in the area.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- The closest medical centre, pharmacy and post office are located in the centre of Loppi, which is 25 km from the area.
- The municipality of Loppi (www.loppi.fi, in Finnish) will provide further information on local tourist enterprises, transportation services and sights.