Kurjenrahka National Park is located west of road 204 (Turku - Yläne), about 35 km north of the City of Turku. Vaskijärvi Strict Nature Reserve is located about 10 km northwest of Kurjenrahka, north of road 2020 (Yläne - Mynämäki). Vaskijärvi is about 40 km from Turku.
By Public Transportation
- Coaches running from Turku and Säkylä (www.matkahuolto.fi) to the bus stop by the name Kuhankuono, stop 500 meters from the Kurjenpesä Nature Information hut.
- Starting on 4 June 2018 to 12 August 2018 the local buses (www.foli.fi) 21 and 23 run from the market square in Turku to Kuhankuono, where there is only a 200 meter walk to the nearest hiking trail and around 1 kilometer hike to the Kuhankuono Boundary Mark. Outside of the school holidays (4.6.-12.8.2018) the busses 21 and 23 stop at Tortinmäki where there is about 6 km from Kuhankuono and Vajosuo.
- When going to the main information point of the National Park and to Kuhankuono boundary mark, from the road 204 (Turku - Säkylä) turn west to Kuhankuono road, which will take you to the Kurjenpesä parking area north of Kurjenrahka Mire. The fork of the road is about 35 km north of Turku. On the road 204, there is a small sign before the fork. The parking area is in the end of the small road (700m).
- To the parking area of the Vaskijärvi Strict Nature Reserve turn from the road 2020 (Yläne - Mynämäki) towards Heinjoki. The parking area is on the right side of the road, after about 3 km.
For more detailed parking area addresses, please see below under Starting Points for Excursions.
Starting Points for Excursions
- The main parking area of the National Park is located near Kurjenpesä Nature Information Hut (Kuhankuonontie, Pöytyä). There are parking areas also at Pukkipalo (Paltantie, Nousiainen), Rantapiha (Savojärventie, Nousiainen), on the edge of Vajosuo Mire (Lavamäentie and Vajosuontie crossroad, Rusko) and at Töykkälä (Vällintie, Turku).
- The parking areas of the National Park are starting points for the trails.
- The only parking area of for Vaskijärvi Strict Nature Reserve (Honkilahdentie, Pöytyä) is located in the north-eastern part of the nature reserve, in the corner of Lake Elijärvi.
- More precise parking area addresses are not available.
- Terrain map L342, 1:50 000. The map is sold by Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Kurjenrahka - Maastokarttalehdet: Terrain maps 1044 09 ja 12, 1:20 000 and 1044, 1:50 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Vaskijärvi - Maastokarttalehdet: Terrain maps 1133 07 - 08 and 11, 1:20 000, and 1133, 1:50 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Kuhankuonon retkeilyreitistö: Kuhankuono hiking map, 1:55 000, 2015. The map is sold by the Regional Council of Southwest Finland and the surrounding municipalities.
- Retkeily GT Etelä-Suomi: GT Outdoor Map Finland South, 2012, 1:250 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
Map Sales Points