Customer Service and Guidance
- There are information boards at both the nature reserve's parking areas located in Eno and Kontiolahti.
- For more information on Kolvananuuro Nature Reserve contact or visit Visitor Centre Ukko.
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the Nature Reserve
- Enterprises and organisations offering services in the nature reserve
- They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism when operating in the nature reserve.
Meals, Where to Buy and Prepare
- There is a campfire site on the east shore of Lake Koiralampi.
- Lighting campfires is forbidden when there is a forest fire warning in effect.
- More information about lighting campfires can be found at Hiking in Finland.
- There are no water points in the nature reserve.
- The surface water from the lakes, rivers and brooks must be boiled before use. Water in the springs and running water in the brooks is usually good for drinking. However, the quality of the water cannot be monitored, so the use of natural water is at your own risk.
- Look at the tips for outdoors drinking water in Hiking in Finland -pages.
- There are no waste-bins along the trails. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Of the waste that accumulates during your trip, you can use campfire site to burn those items which can safely be burnt, and leave biodegradable waste in dry toilets. Take all other waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking without Littering.
- There are dry toilets at the Pieni Koiralampi and at the parking area located on the Kontilahti side of the nature reserve.
- Staying overnight within the nature reserve is forbidden.
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
Lean-to shelters managed by the municipality of Kontiolahti are located along Kolinpolku Trail.
- Urkkalampi lean-to shelter is located on the east side of Lake Urkkalampi about 2 km south of the nature reserve.
- Hautajärvi lean-to shelter is located on the north side of Lake Hautajärvi about 2 km north of the nature reserve.
Services for the Disabled
- There are no services for the disabled in the nature reserve.
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in Kolvananuuro
They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism when operating in the national park.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- Services such as a bank, a post office, service stations and food markets can be found in Kontiolahti and Eno. From the village of Eno it is 9 km to the parking area located on that side of the nature reserve. From the village of Kontiolahti it is 13 km to the parking area located on that side of the nature reserve.
- For more information on services in the surrounding area see the municipality of Kontiolahti (www.kontiolahti.fi) and the municipality of Joensuu (www.joensuu.fi) websites.
- At the Kukkola farm (www.metla.fi, in Finnish) there is Katrin metsäpolku Trail, which is about 2,5 km long.