Kolovesi National Park is located south of the main road no 23.
For more detailed parking area addresses, please see below under Starting Points for Excursions.
By Boat Transportation
By Public Transportation
It is about 33 km to Enonkoski from Savonlinna, and about 55 km from Heinävesi. From Enonkoski it is about 15 km to Käkövesi boat launching place and about 22 km to Kirkkoranta boat launching place. It is about 55 km to Savonranta from Savonlinna. From Savonranta it is about 25 km to Käkövesi boat launching place and 21 km to Kirkkoranta boat launching place.
- The nearest coach services (www.matkahuolto.fi) are to Enonkoski and to Savonranta on weekdays from Savonlinna or Joensuu (Heinävesi) direction.
- The railway station closest to the national park is in Vihtari, and it can be reached every day by train from South (Helsinki) and North (Joensuu).
- The best way to reach National Park Kolovesi from bus or train station is by taxi.
- There are no services in Kirkkoranta. Read more about enterprises and organisations offering services in the national park.
- There are also train (www.vr.fi) and flight (www.finavia.fi) connections to Savonlinna.
Starting Points for Excursions
- Starting points for Nature Trails.
- The boat launching place is at Käkövesi (Vääräntauksentie, Enonkoski) and Kirkkoranta (Kirkkorannantie, Enonkoski). More precise parking area addresses are not available.
- Terrain maps N514 and N532, 1:50 000. Maps are sold by Karttakeskus, the National Land Survey of Finland and well-stocked bookstores.
- Vesiretkeilykartasto: Canoe route map - Keskinen Saimaa (Linnansaari National Park, Haapaselkä, Joutenvesi, Kolovesi National Park, Kermajärvi) 1:50 000. Maps can be bought at Saimaa Nature Centre Riihisaari customer service point in Savonlinna Provincial Museum.
- Merikartta M Saimaan vesistö, Savonlinna - Kuopio: Nautical chart M Saimaa lake system, Savonlinna - Kuopio, 1:40 000. Maps are sold by Karttakeskus.
- Yleismerikartta 921, Saimaan vesistö: General nautical chart 921, Saimaa lake system, 1:200 000, 2001. Maps are sold by Karttakeskus.
- Maastokartat: Terrain maps nos 4212 05, 4212 06 and 4212 08, 1:20 000. Maps are sold by Karttakeskus, the National Land Survey of Finland and well-stocked bookstores.
- Retkeily GT Itä-Suomi: GT Outdoor map Finland East, 2014, 1:250 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
Map Sales Points