Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen
Welcome to Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen
Customer Service in Kiehinen provides professional hiking and tourist information services. You may choose to hike from one wilderness hut to another towards Urho Kekkonen National Park, or perhaps make a canoe trip on Ivalojoki River, known for its gold-digging history. Customer service point is also the location of the tourist information point for Inari municipality.
Open Hours in 2019
There might be exceptions in May at opening hours due of relocation of customer service.
11.2.-21.4. Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Sat-Sun 9am-4pm
22.4.-9.6. Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
10.6.- 25.8 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Sat 9am-4pm
26.8.-22.9. Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Sat-Sun 9am-4pm
23.9.-1.12. Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
2.12.-31.12. Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Sat-Sun 10am-5pm
We reserve the rights to changes.
On New Year´s Day 1.1. closed, at Easter 19.-22.4.open 9am-4pm, on May Day 1.5 closed, on Ascension Day 30.5. closed, on Midsummer's Eve 21.6. open 9am-4pm, on Independence Day 6.12. closed, on Christmas Holidays 24.-26.12. closed.closed.
Address: Lutontie 16 (Santa's Hotel Tunturi's Gielas building), 99830 Saariselkä (Inari), Finland
Telephone: +358 206 39 7200
E-mail: ukpuisto(at)metsa.fi, hammastunturi(at)metsa.fi
Contact Saariselkä-Inari Tourist Infomation:
Telephone: +358 40 168 7838
Directions and Maps
- The service point is located in Saariselkä by Main Road 4/E75 (Rovaniemi-Utsjoki), 30 km south of Ivalo and 260 km north of Rovaniemi. Kiehinen is located in the center of Saariselkä in the Santa´ s Hotel Tunturi Gielas building ground floor, which is opposite to Lapland Hotel Riekonlinna.
- Daily bus lines (matkahuolto.fi) operate along Main Road 4/E75 (Rovaniemi–Utsjoki) and along Saariseläntie. The nearest bus stop is on other side of road (Lapland Hotel Riekonlinna bus stop), approximately 20 metres from the customer service point.
- The nearest airports are in Ivalo (finavia.fi) and Rovaniemi (finavia.fi).
- The nearest railway station (vr.fi) is in Rovaniemi.
- Buses from Rovaniemi pass via the Rovaniemi railway station, and some of the lines serve Rovaniemi Airport.
- There is an airport bus connection from Ivalo Airport to Saariselkä and Kiilopää (eskelisen.fi).
This is the web page nationalparks.fi/urhokekkonennationalparkcustomerservice