Kirkas-Soljanen Cooking Shelter
Cooking shelter available by booking, 18 people indoors + 18 people on the terrace outdoors / 53 m2
Available by advance booking, this 53 m2 cooking shelter made of timber is situated in the Soljanen mire area by Lake Kirkas-Soljanen.
- Western Finland, Pirkanmaa, Ylöjärvi, Seitseminen National Park
- Address of the cooking shelter: Soljastentie, 39450 Sisättö
- Coordinates WGS84 lat: 61.90601 lon: 23.47637
- The Kirkas-Soljanen cooking shelter is situated in the southeastern corner of the Seitseminen National Park, 13 km from the Seitseminen Nature Centre.
The cooking shelter is accessible by car when there is no snow on the ground. The parking area is about 100 m away from the cooking shelter. In winter, the Soljanen mire area is not accessible by road. A skiing trail goes through the area in winter.
Drive to the Soljanen area in Seitseminen National Park either from the Ylöjärvi-Kuru road (road no. 65) through Poikelus (road no. 2764) or from Luhalahti through Sisättö (road no. 2764).
- Terrain map N411, 1:50 000
- Hiking map for Helvetinjärvi-Seitseminen, 1:20 000, Karttakeskus 2012
- Basic map sheets no. 2213 01, 2213 02, 2213 04 and 2213 05, 1:20 000
- €50/ 4 hours. Reservation hours: 9 am -1 pm, 1 pm - 5 pm, 5 pm - 9 pm. Prices inclusive of 24% VAT.
- The key is at cooking shelder´s main door. There is a keybox. You get the number code with your reservation.
- If the key disappear, the compensation in accordance with the Reservation terms and conditions, €100 (incl. 24% VAT), will be collected.
- Circular fireplace for barbecues equipped with three hinged cooking grates, barbecue sticks for frying sausages on open fire, tables, stools, pots for coffee and tea, a broom and dustpan, a terrace. A saw and axe are provided in the woodshed.
- Dry toilets on the opposite side of the road.
- Because Seitseminen National Park is a litter-free hiking site, there are no waste collection bins by the cooking shelter. Carry all waste away from the wilderness for disposal in a waste sorting and recycling point or communal waste disposal point. Read more about litter-free hiking.
- Overnight stays are forbidden in the cooking shelter or the yard. The nearest camping site is about 150 metres away.
- The cooking shelter is intended for daytime use by groups.
- The cooking shelter must be cleaned after use and all doors locked before you leave.
- There is no jetty by the shore.
- There is a well in the yard.
- There are no accessible services at the cooking shelter.
- Smoking is prohibited indoors.
- No pets allowed in the cooking shelter.
- No winter maintenance is performed on the road to the Soljanen area.
Maintenance and Management
- For more information contact Metsähallitus, Tel. int. +358 206 39 5270 (mon-fri 9:00-15:00), sisasuomi(at)metsa.fi.