Rautulampi, Reservable Wilderness Hut
Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Terms of reservation for the Rautulampi reservable hut.
The hut is situated on a marked hiking trail on the north shore of the Lake Rautulampi, 12 km from Kiilopää. The hut was built in 2021. The nearest shops and restaurants are located in Saariselkä and in Kiilopää.
- Northern Lapland, Municipality of Sodankylä (sodankyla.fi, in Finnish), Urho Kekkonen National Park.
- Rautulampi, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 68° 18.802' lon: 27° 38.954' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7577944 E: 526773
- The hut is situated on a marked hiking trail on the north shore of the Lake Rautulampi, 12 km from Kiilopää Fell.
- You can get to the hut on foot or by skis from several starting points (pdf 659kt).
- The closest huts are the Luulampi day trip hut, the Suomunruoktu open and reservable wilderness hut and the Lankojärvi open and reservable wildeness hut.
12 € / night / person (incl. VAT 10%).
- In the hut is possible to stay maximum two nights in a row.
You can pick up the keys from Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen, Ivalo Customer Service, Fell Centre Kiilopää (kiilopaa.fi), Hotel Samperin Savotta (samperi.com), Tulppion Majat (tulppio.fi, in Finnish), Sodankylän Väri- ja Urheilu Simonen Oy (simonen.fi, in Finnish) or from Vuotso JJR Pehkonen Oy tel. +358 442 432 449.
- Please check the opening hours by phone, from www-pages or by e-mail.
- The customer shall have payment receipt and hut reservation confirmation along in order to show proof of reservation and its payment.
- Two-tiered sleeping platforms, mattresses, a table, and benches.
- A wood-burning stove, a gas cooker, a saucepan, and a frying pan.
- There's no lighting in the hut, please bring your own candles.
- There is a smoke alarm in the hut, but we recommend bringing your own device with you.
- A campfire site, a dry toilet and a woodshed
- Drinking water can be taken from the River Rautuoja. Household water is taken from the lake.
- You can camp by the campfire sites.
- The hut is not suited for the disabled.
- When leaving the hut, remember that it has to be clean and ready for the next customers.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- Make sure you pack a first-aid kit.
- Pets are not permitted in the hut.
- Hiking Without Littering.
- Safety on hiking.
Maintenance and Management
- Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- For more information contact Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen tel. int. +358 206 39 7200.