Guivi / Kuivi Open Wilderness Hut
Open wilderness hut for 6 persons.
Northern Lapland Region, Municipality of Utsjoki, Kevo Strict Nature Reserve.
Kuivi, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 69° 36.6820' lon: 26° 31.0104' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7722609 E: 481214
The wilderness hut is situated on the northside of the River Kamajoki (Kamajohka) about 100 m towards Kuivi from the old boundary of Kevo Strict Nature Reserve.
- A wood-burning stove and a gas cooker.
- A campfire site, a dry toilet and a woodshed.
- Pets are permitted in the hut, but only if other visitors consent to it.
- The wilderness hut is situated within a strict nature reserve in which there are restrictions on hiking and camping.
- Safety on hiking.
- Metsähallitus follows the principles of litter-free hiking. Visitors are adviced to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.