Juntinoja Rental Hut
Rental hut, 4 persons / 16 m2. Sauna in the same building.
Reservable from March to October.Reservations can be made by contacting Ivalo Customer Service (Ivalontie 10, 99800 Ivalo (Inari), tel. +358 206 39 7701) or Nature Centre Siida (Inarintie 46, 99870 Inari, tel. +358 206 39 7740).
Juntinoja rental hut, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 68° 36.3389' lon: 26° 15.0547' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7610576 E: 469505.
The closest villages are Njurkulahti (24 km) and Menesjärvi (22 km), where you will find a restaurant, and Inari (52 km) where you will find all basic amenities.
The distance to Lemmenjoki National Park is only about 2.5 km.
The distance to Hirvassalmi reindeer round-up site is 8 km. The distance to the closest neighbour is 16 km.
From Inari: From the parish village of Inari, drive 51 km along the Kittilä road. When driving from Inari, there is a wooden signpost "Juntinojan vuokrakämppä" ("Juntinoja rental hut") on the right-hand side of the road. In summer, the logging road (c. 450 m turning to the right) to the hut is suitable for passenger cars.
In winter, leave your car by the Inari–Kittilä road and walk the remaining 500 metres to the hut.
From Kittilä: from the Hirvaspää mast, continue driving for 2.4 km towards Inari, the signpost to the hut is located on the left side of the road.
70 e / day and 490 e / week (incl. VAT 10%).
- A wood-burning stove for heating.
- A gas cooker, mattresses, pillows and blankets.
- Solar cell lights (1st March – 31st October) and candles (bring them with you).
- A root cellar, a campfire site and a dry toilet outside.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- Drinking water from the brook located at a distance of 30 m from the hut.
- The water is not tested annually, so we recommend that you boil the drinking water first. Look at the tips for outdoors drinking water on Hiking in Finland website.
- There is a recycling point at the rental hut. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
The keys can be picked up from Ivalo River Camping (ivalorivercamping.com) camping area (Kerttuojantie 1, 99800 Ivalo (Inari), tel. +358 40 039 5046), Ivalo Customer Service or Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida. When picking up the keys you must have a receipt with you. Keys should be returned at the same place where you have collected them from.
Please check the opening hours by phone, from www-pages or by e-mail.
- Reservation starts at 2 p.m. and ends at noon.
- Not suitable for snowmobiles.
- Urraoaivi (2.5 km), the closest fell in Lemmenjoki National Park, offers striking views over the park's inner areas and the great fells.
- Make sure to have a first aid kit with you.
- It is allowed to bring pets in the hut.
- Please bring your own bed linen or a sleeping bag.
- No toilet paper or paper towels are kept in the hut. Bring candles too.
- Safety on hiking.
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland. Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida, tel. int. +358 206 39 7740.